Chapter 7: I Am An Utter, Brooding Idiot

“Could someone please get her out of the window before she breaks her neck and sues us for all we’ve got,”said the one standing next to Luke, who seemed to have three blonde stripes in his hair.

At this point every boy on the bus was standing in that small kitchen area, staring at me incredulously. I’m sure at least two of them were staring at my ass. Just as Ashton stepped forward reluctantly to help, I held up a hand.

“That won’t be necessary.” I stated, before pulling my leg back into the bus, and hopping off of the counter.

If I’m going to look like such a brooding idiot, I might as well own it as best as I can. I smiled widely, and waved at everyone, receiving nothing but sour looks and scoffs. I’ve always hated when my alias had to include teenage boys: they’re nothing but a flaming bag of hormones and they smell absolutely miserable.

“Alright, do you know where you are?” asked Luke somewhat sweetly, with a mix of undeniable disgust. Why am I getting these disgusting looks? I’m not the pig who led me through that door.

“Nope,” I popped the ‘p’ leaning back on the counter, “not a single clue baby.” I smiled mysteriously.

No one was buying into it. I knew I had to be more convincing with my character, but seeing as I’m incapable of doing so… fuck it. I’ll spend some money on decent acting classes when things start to settle.

“Look, alright?” I threw my hands up and made my way towards the door, all four boys watching me, frozen like a deer facing headlights.  “I don’t wanna cause any trouble, I just needed a place to crash is all. I’ll find a payphone if one of you can supply me with a quarter, and I’ll be out of your hair forever. Easy peasy, I promise you.”

There was a moment of silence, and then a boy with a head of blue hair stepped forward with a twenty dollar bill.

“Take care of yourself.” He said sleepily, rubbing his eyes and ruffling my hair. For a minute I was genuinely impressed and I was going to thank him until: “Don’t buy drugs or whatever.”

Yeah. Moment gone.

“Well Ashton it’s been real, but – “

“Wait, wait, wait.” He interrupted, making his way over a pile of clothes towards me. These boys were truly filthy: how do you get a pile of clothes in the kitchen? “Where’s your bag?” he asked.

I was shocked he remembered, but I quickly regained my composure.

“I left it back in Florida, no worries” I stated, shrugging my shoulders nonchalantly, although it was a big deal and I wanted to cry.

He nodded and let me go. I went over to the door and jiggled the knob, and jiggled it some more. There was a collective set of giggles from behind me, some fading away. When I turned around the only one left in the room was Luke, and he came over and showed me what to do.

“Since this bus is a piece of junk, you have to kick out the metal cylinder thingy, like this,” and he kicked the ‘little metal cylinder thingy’ for me and the door swung open. He smiled down at me for a moment, and for a split second I genuinely smiled back up at him. There was no facade it was just me, Rebecca, and him, Luke. But then his smile was restored with a somewhat-forced bitter glare, and Cora was back giving him a sly smirk.

“Maybe I’ll see you again Luke…” I looked at the side of the bus which had their names printed on it beneath blown up pictures of their faces “Hemmings.”

“Don’t count on it.” He said before slamming the door.

///

Haven't posted for a while so here is a short update to keep you going :*