Spellbound

I found myself hovering on a helicopter above Chen's Island. Perfect way to start the day, right?

I spent the beginning of the journey talking to Lloyd. He actually was a pretty entertaining person, with a lot of interesting stories. I actually enjoyed getting to know him.

Did I mention that he's cute? Like, I know I said he looks cute, but even the way he tells stories is cute.

He told me the majority of the story about the Overlord, and he actually told me a lot more about the Zane person he was looking for. I even told him a bit about Jade, my childhood best friend. 

Throughout that conversation, though, he seemed slightly uncomfortable. I assumed it was to do with the fact that he was listening to some random person's conversation about their friend. Conversations like that were always slightly awkward, but he looked too uncomfortable.

After a while, everyone stopped chatting, or doing anything, that is. Everyone was sitting in absolute silence.

The tension that filled the room was unforgettable. Until finally, Jay broke the silence.

"What are you looking at, Zippy?" Jay said, mockingly.

"The next one out of the Tournament," Griffin swiftly responded.

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow?" Kai pressed, "Worried we're gonna find a tattoo and know you're working for Chen?"

Shade spoke in a sinister tone, "I hope this next fight is between you and me, because I'm gonna put you on your back."

The two locked eyes and scowled at each other.

"Tensions are high," Garmadon stated the obvious.

"Yeah, not as high as we are now," Lloyd uttered, signalling at the window, "Can hardly see the island from up here."

Neuro was visibly shaking, "I've had enough of this. I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?"

He opened the door to the control room, although no one was piloting it. 

In the middle of the room stood a large screen, with Chen on some sort of video call.

"How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see, the light. Oh, oh, I'm on? Right now?" Chen rambled.

I sighed, "I've had enough of this guy's voice."

"Ahem, ahem. Hello, final eight. I see you are all eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different," Chen continued.

A video of Kai's sister played on the screen. She appeared to be running.

"We have an unidentified guest on the Island!" Chen added on, showing that he could either not hear us, or he was choosing not to.

 Suddenly, it clicked in my head, "Kai, we're gonna have to look for your sister."

"She must be holding the proof that will stop Chen!" Kai announced.

"Find her and you will automatically move on to the final round."

Kai continued his separate conversation: "The spell he plans to use when he takes our powers."

Jay looked extremely nervous, "He wants us all to hunt her down? She won't stand a chance."

"Then we have to find her before anyone else," Lloyd flipped his hood up.

"In ten seconds, the bottom will drop," Chen beamed, "But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you eight parachutes."

Everyone but Garmadon and I ran to grab a parachute.