A Spy For A Spy

It was officially time to eat. Throughout the morning, we had all been trying to enlist people into our mini-alliance, some more enthusiastic about joining, some still not changing their views on the Ninja. I couldn't blame them, honestly. I, myself, was still not certain on whether or not I should trust them as much as I did.

A few Kabuki servants started to serve us our food. In my humble opinion, it didn't look too appealing. It looked like someone threw up and then boiled it. 

For some reason, I was sitting next to Lloyd. Looking back, I think it was just because, at the time, I felt more comfortable sitting nearby him, compared to the other Elemental Masters.

"Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious!" Chen suggested, rubbing his stomach and licking his lips.

"Uh, I think I'll pass," Lloyd denied his suggestion, signalling for the Kabuki out of the way.

"Oh, lighten up, Green Ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the eight of you making it to the second round!" Chen claimed.

"The second round?" I called out, a bit taken back, "You mean all of that was merely the first round?"

"And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over Master of Poison," Chen continued on, quickly dismissing me, "She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?"

The Kabuki let out a weak chuckle, that sounded more like a cry for help. I felt bad for them. Imagine how difficult it would be to put up with Chen, every single day.

"Laugh harder!" He demanded, sounding like a whiny baby. The Kabuki forced a laugh, making me sigh.

"You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight, now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, we're safe in our secret alliance," Kai exclaimed.

"I tried to enlist Shadow, but that dude's throwing some serious shade," Griffin attempted to joke. 

"Well, if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board," Garmadon told us, "Each fighter that loses gives him strength. Soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome."

"As much as I would love to say otherwise, Garmadon's right," I admitted, "We need to stop him before it's too late. If we continue to fight, we'll give Chen exactly what he wants."

"But, if we refuse to fight, Chen will just take all of our powers anyway," Lloyd argued.

"Correct, which is why we need to destroy his staff," I reminded him.

I saw Chen putting his fortune cookies down, before the Kabuki brought them over to us. 

"It has come to my attention that there are rumours floating about that I am stealing everyone's power," Chen announced, "I am."

Gasps could be heard from all over. Whilst others were whispering about what happened, I was wondering about why he would admit that.

"But it's all for this staff!" He clapped, whilst the Kabuki waved their hand fans.

"No, no. Not you, staff. I mean my real staff," Chen sighed, whilst a staff was passed to him, "The Staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history in Ninjago!"

Lloyd gasped, genuinely sounding like he was taken aback by Chen's lies, "You lied! What about the spell?"

"Spell? What spell?" Chen acted oblivious.

"Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it," Lloyd shouted, "Tell them what you saw, Neuro."

Clouse gave Neuro an obvious death stare. I was surprised that no one else saw it.