The Greatest Fear of All

After a few hours, we finally managed to fly away from the Island. It had taken a while for everyone to learn to control their dragons, so we had lost a great amount of time that could have been spent stopping Chen and his army.

The air surrounding us was heavy and still. The sun had only risen a couple of hours ago, and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. 

I couldn't stop thinking about how many people this would harshly impact if we failed. If Chen and his army truly had the same abilities and power of the real Anacondrai, they would be almost unstoppable. 

My heart raced in my chest at the thoughts that refused to leave me alone, be that as it may, I still forced myself to keep a calm expression.

"Chen and his Anacondrai army have a day's start on us," Lloyd warned, "Be prepared for anything and everything."

"How did we lose so much time?" Kai whined.

The Brown-suited man chimed in, "You know, you took an oath never to leave a man behind."

"And we're not all quick learners," Jay reminded Kai, "Mastering your fear to create Power Dragons takes time."

Nya replied, "Well, we're running out of that. There's Ninjago City. Hurry!"

"Hurry's my middle name," Griffin smiled, "Hyah!"

"Remember, whatever happens down there, we're stronger united. We fight as one," Lloyd instructed us, with his usual leader voice. There was something I found reassuring in it. It just made me feel somewhat safer, even if I found his words to be too hero complex-y at times. Perhaps that was why he was the leader of the Ninja.

Kai landed his Elemental Dragon, in the middle of the road. 

A random woman looked over at Skylor, "Serpentine!"

Hundreds of random citizens kept screaming and panicking, whilst racing away from the Elemental Masters.

One person I noticed in particular was a twelve-ish year old boy stood in front of me and looked at me without making eye contact, his arms folded tightly across his chest. He wore a leopard-print headscarf and a black hoodie that sagged over the collar of his light green T-shirt.

I couldn't pin-point where I knew him from, but I recognised the boy from somewhere. Unfortunately, my thoughts were broken by Lloyd urging me to move.

I pointed towards the boy, "Lloyd, do you recognise him?"

"Hm?" He hummed, as he looked at the boy, "No. Why?"

"Anyway, the Ninja, Skylor, my dad and I need to get to the Samurai X cave," He told me, "You can come along, uh-- o-only if you want, of course!"

He smiled softly at me, a hopeful look on his face, like he truly wanted me to come along with him. With Lloyd, you could never tell what he actually meant. He was never really a direct person, unless the matters became serious, but he really seemed to want me to go, for some reason.

I smiled back at him, "Why not?"

"Alright, guys," He announced, "I think know a shortcut. Come along and follow me."

He swiftly leapt atop his dragon, as did I, and flew to the left.

We flew for short while, eventually finding ourselves hovering above a quite lengthy lake.

It was a beautiful sight.

The water below us was like an infinite array of hypnotic baby blue gems, each glowing brigh. I could feel the light breeze stroking smoothly against my face, whilst the water below waved at me.