b.v - ironhide + reader - fluff

word count :: 475 words

『 ironhide ,, gender neutral human reader ,, mentions of a NEST soldier 』

-> s/o getting annoyed at another soldier so ol hide steps in

— tumblr request

_________________

      warm cup of coffee in hand, soothing from the cold temperatures in the room. you took a small sip, feeling the taste burn against your tongue. it was pretty early in the morning, way too early to be dealing with the chaos happening. sideswipe had poked too much at some of the other soldiers, and now theyre bickering back and forth.

      you were standing next to ironhide's pede, watching the scene unfold before your eyes. your head had hurt from the lack of sleep the night before, and the soldier's yelling and sideswipe's loud and gruff voice didn't help to ease the pain. your eyes squinted and your mouth opening to let out of a huff of annoyance. you just wanted a peaceful morning, to sip on your coffee and maybe eat a warm breakfast. though it seemed like there were other plans installed for you.

      you set down your mug and leaned against the wall, covering your ears to prevent the loud noises from getting to your head anymore then they had. it sort of worked, though the muffled argument could still be heard. it wasnt as loud as before, though still loud enough for your head to be pounding.

      closing your eyes, you tried to rid yourself of hearing the argument. until something had hit you. right in the head, causing your stance to falter. a growl errupted from your throat, eyes glaring over at the autobot and soldier — who had looked as though they were a deer in headlights. digging your nails into your palms, hands turning into fists, fury blazed throughout your adrenaline.

      you were about to stomp over, yell a few ugly words at the two, until a servo had stopped you. head tilting up to the black mech, his sharp blue optics pierced into your own eyes. a sigh slipped from your lips, huffing out and moving back to your spot against the wall. hand wrapped around the mug handle, you brought the warm liquid to your mouth. your eyes gazed upon ironhide as he had walked over to the two responsible for your aggression.

you could hear the disappointment in the old mech's voice, dripping like venom into a scolding flr the two's reckless behavior. sideswipe grumbled and crossed his arms, disregarding ironhide's scolding whilst the soldier only dipped his head and apologized. a smile formed on your lips, the weapon specialist gave them a warning before making his way to where he stood before.

"thank you, 'hide," your words drifted to the mech. he only nodded, servo grasping around your waist and bringing you close to him. both hands wrapped around your mug, you flashed him a bright smile.