Chapter Twenty-Three: Reunion

I've been forced to stop watching Starscream's recovery. Not because Starscream didn't want me to watch, it was because Optimus wanted to cut off any communication so he and his team didn't get caught on Cybertron. He won't even tell me what's going on. So, I'm in the dark again. Though things have gotten interesting with the Autobots when I decided to visit. They learned that they somehow managed to combine into one big bot. I asked if that was even possible. Then time for another Cybertronion lesson.

There is a kind of bots on Cybertron that were built to combine. One of the more famous ones during the war was some Constructicons that could combine into a giant robot named Devastator. Though they served Megatron during the war. With a name like Devastator, I'm not surprised. But what is surprising is that our Autobots are able to combine yet they weren't designed to do so. I didn't get too much into it because I don't know anything about it. But Isabella managed to get into trouble while we were visiting and Grimlock got a scare.

Isabella had met a cat while exploring the Scrapyard and that started a chase between the two. I picked up Isabella and told the cat to back off. Grimlock, however, was terrified of the cat. This giant Dinobot was scared of a cute little cat. To help Grimlock, I told the cat to leave and it did after being stubborn. Isabella didn't want to leave my shoulder after that and I don't blame her. Good to know that, once that cat was gone, Grimlock was scared of cute things.

How does one get scared about cute things? He'll not like Monty then. I find him very cute. What am I saying? All moles are cute. I can't wait to show Monty to Starscream when he gets back. They'll get along so well. I left the bots after a small chat and went home. But I got a rather nice surprise a few months later. I was called back to the Autobot base for something. So, I picked up Isabella and I went through their Groundbridge to see everyone waiting for me.

"Hey guys," I said smiling

"Hey (Y/N). And Isabella," Bee said smiling

Isabella squeaked at him, "Isabella says hello. What did you need?"

"We have a surprise for you."

I was about to ask what it was when they moved out of the way to reveal a bot that I've been waiting to see for months. Starscream! He was actually there in front of me. And he looked so much better compared to the last time I saw him. He activated his holoform which had changed compared to the last one. His hair was now sort of faded with partly spiked hair on the top, he wore an orange shirt, a grey coat, and a red bodywarmer with white fur near the neck.

He also had dark gray trousers but he was looking good. After taking in his new appearance, we ran toward each other and shared a much-needed hug. I definitely missed him more than I realised. Starscream also gave me pets during our hug which I happily leaned into. But our hug was interrupted by Isabella who wanted to say hello too. Starscream let her jump into his hand and he gave her some attention.

"You look just like your father," Starscream said to her smiling

Isabella squeaked at him, "She says thank you. And that you're looking better."

"I feel better. Especially being back with the two of you."

"It's good to see you again, Starscream. As yourself this time."

"I do apologise again for that. But I am doing much better now."

I was happy to hear that. I took him back home so he could meet all of our new animal friends. Including Monty. And, I was right, the two got along great even if I had to translate everything Monty said. After Starscream met everyone, he then talked to me about what happened while he was away. He made a full recovery and asked for a second chance from Optimus who granted it to him. He would help Optimus and his team find out what was happening on Cybertron and why he wasn't himself when we met again.

There was a new High Council that randomly appeared but no one seemed to argue about it. Turns out that's because the people were mind-controlled. And that's what happened to Starscream before the High Council took over Cybertron. All Starscream was told to do was go back to his old ways before he met me. But he still remembered me so that's why he was so friendly at first before I told him I couldn't go with him.

But, a long story short, the High Council wanted to take over Earth which ended up failing thanks to Bee's team, and Starscream fought alongside Optimus to stop everyone from invading Earth. I was happy to hear that he did something good for Earth. He did say he wanted to find me first but he knew that, if he didn't help Optimus and his team, he may never see me again if they did lose.

And Starscream now realised how much Megatron mistreated him while he worked with Optimus. He reportedly messed up at one point and he expected a beating out of it but Optimus didn't even get mad at him for it. I got very smug about it when I said 'I told you so'. Remembering that day, he also remembered that he had something for me. I was confused until he came back with my bag!

The bag that I had accidentally left back on the Warship when I stood up to Megatron! I was wondering if I was ever going to see that again. Any gone off food and water had been disposed of but my trusty knife was still in there and so was the medical kid Ratchet gave me. I love my claws but I missed my knife.

Speaking of, I still have the scar on my hand from when we met Airachnid. When I took out my knife, I asked if he remembered when I cut myself and showed him the scar that remained. He was surprised that I still had the scar but I did cut myself quite badly that day. We talked until the sun went down and we got some sleep. I'm just happy to have Starscream back. I missed him.