High sc-WHAT?!

"Everyone has things in there past they wish they could forget "

~Nicholas sparks ~

You know, that moment when you search for something and you don't get it? Well, here I am searching for the damn pasta and can't find it anywhere. Just when I was about to give up and order a takeaway, I heard the front door open.

"Amy! Where are you?" Mom yells from the front door.

"In the kitchen, mom!" I yell back.

"What are you up too...?" I didn't let her finish.

"Feed me, or else.. " Now, she didn't let ME finish.

"Don't go puss in the boots with me, Amy."

"Mother, I'm hungry, I need to eat or I don't know what will happen to me. I might die of hunger and..."

"Okay Drama Queen, here, let me help you. Nevermind. I'll do it myself. Asking you for help is asking a goldfish to pay attention."

I turned away with a smirk on my face.

Honestly, this is what I wanted all along, me messing up the kitchen, appearing helpless, and mom cooking my meal. It's like an everyday routine. It all started when I was 10. Mom never had the time to talk. We never had any mother-daughter time, she was too busy with her job. Just so you know she is a doctor and has her own clinic in the city.

"So, how was it?" She's probably referring to my meeting with dad.

"I can't say, it creeps me out a little and at the same time it's relaxing." It actually does creep me out. Sitting in the graveyard and talking to your loved ones, not knowing if they are actually listening to you, or if someone else is.

"Oh Amy, you will get over it with time."

"Maybe, but it's not like I will be living here forever, mom."

"Hmm.." was her reply. Why do I feel like she is up to something?

"I met Jason today." I said.

"Oh, you did? How is he? Does he remember you? Oh, of course he does! You both were childhood sweethearts!" And here she goes. Mothers, mothers. Tch tch.

"I can't say. He lost his father, you know? Too much to take in and, by the way, he doesn't remember me."

"Are you serious? How is that even possible?" Exactly my thoughts, mother dear.

"Well, he does remember a girl by the name of Amy as his childhood friend, but not me, Amber."

"Well, are you going to tell him?"

"No way in hell."

"Pass me the sauce", she says holding her hand out. "Amber, you know you have to tell him. He is eventually going to find it out one way or another."

"I guess...?" I say and pass her the sauce. It comes out more like a question rathar than an answer.

"How are Will and Ash?"

"They are well and good, other than the fact that they have to go to school and study their brains out. Lucky me, I study online. Online studying is..is awesome!"

"Uhhh...About that..." This is NOT a good thing. This is going to be scary. I can feel it in my bones.

"Mother, what have you done?"

"Nothing. I just..Ienrolledyouinhighschool."

"You did what?" My mother can rap?

"Ienrolledyouinhighschool." What?! Oh my God! She is sending me back to the city?

"I know it's early and you didn't even enjoy your free time.." Is she insane?

"MOTHER! I LOVE YOU! Oh mommy, it's never too early to go back to the city."

"What?" There is confusion written all over her face.

"You are sending me back, aren't you?" She is confusing me as well.

"Noooooo!! I enrolled you in high school and.."

"WHA.."

..it starts in two days." She sighed. Shit just got real.

"Mother! You did what?! This is fu*king crazy!" I KNEW something was wrong!

"Language, Amber!"

"Mother, why would you do that? Why would you make my life a living hell!" I practically whined.

"Amber, you are having enough freedom, you need to go on the straight path. For Christ's sake! You've got body art and people are talking about you."

"You care about people, mom, but not me! And we are here just for a month, what will I do here?"

"Well..." Now what?

"We are going to start living here, Amber." She said. Oh! This is just the fuc*king cherry on top!

"Why would you do this to me? Why? I hate you!" I shouted at her.

"Don't you dare raise your voice like that, Amber!"

"I will do whatever the hell I want, mom."

I stomp out of the kitchen and head towards the couch where my jacket lays. I grab them, along with my mother's car keys from the center table and head for the front door.

"I'M LEAVING, MOTHER! DO NOT BOTHER TO LOOK FOR ME!"

I pick up Sparkles and before turning the doorknob I yell, "OH, AND I'M TAKING YOUR CAR, BY THE WAY!"

Mom has a BMW m3. Blue. Not a fan, but it's okay. Anything will work for now. With that, I went off to nowhere in particular. I drove in search of a club, but didn't find any, I seriously need a drink right now. After about fifteen minutes or so, I give up and park my car near the cemetery and see that it is locked. So, I just sat there listening to 'What now' by Rihanna and running my fingers through Sparkles' soft fur.

I noticed something flashy in the forest, so me being the curious person I am, picked up Sparkles went to see what it was. I used my phone torch and went inside the forest. It was until I reached a cave near the river. It's not too dirty and hopefully not occupied by bats or a deathly bear. There is a big oak tree beside the cave. Some kind of light keeps on flashing from somewhere on its trunk. I walk towards the tree and point my phone towards it. It's a Dreamcatcher. There is a fuc*ing Dreamcatcher on the trunk of a tree in the middle of nowhere. I touch the soft feathers with my fingertips gently, so as to not break it.

Wait a minute. I've seen that somewhere. Why does the Dreamcatcher look so familiar? Eh! Whatever. I'm too mad right now.

I sit down under the tree, with my back resting on its trunk. I place Sparkles beside me and pull my knees up to my chest and tuck them under my chin.

Guess it's school for me, then. It's no use trying to change mom's mind once she's already made it up. I sigh and start to scratch Sparkles behind her ear. She purrs and stretches causing a soft sim,e to appear on my lips.

So it's school with bitchy girls and jerks for me, now.

Fan-fuc*king-tactic!

Note the sarcasm.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Yo! How are you? Sorry for the late delay, but school's started and, well, yeah. I think that's a valid enough reason. Am I right or am I right?

The votes and comments are going down. Why?! Do you people not like this story?! *cries* PLEASE tell us if you like this book and vote! Tell your friends, parents, teachers, siblings, grandparents, relatives, strangers, EVERYBODY!

Anyway, as always, all the love.

Vote, comment and share!

R,S,H.