A walk in the park

You waited for Doctor Joy in your room with Daisy already on her leash. She seemed eager and excited knowing that she was going for a real walk. You had your purse already ready with doggy bags, a few bottles of water, and a cup for Daisy to drink from. You were sitting on the side of your bed when she finally walked in and gave you a soft smile.
"I hear that you took my warning seriously, and did work on yourself the last week" she came in.
"I did" you nodded. "I helped with breakfast, I did some singing, I danced, I swam, I spent time outside with Daisy, I worked on puzzles with Bucky, I went shopping on my own, I went to a museum with Bucky, and now when this is over I'm taking Daisy to central park for a walk" you just verbally vomited all your progress you could think of in one breath.
"How are the nightmares?" she asked sitting down.
"Better when Bucky is here, I still have flashbacks of some of my missions or my childhood" you admitted.
"I'll up your dosage" she shrugged. "It'll help as you talk about it more, and the meds will help as well. Which mission still bothers you the most?"
"The last one, where I didn't have enough rope to take more prisoners" you admitted softly.
"You can't save everyone, be it friend or foe" she shook her head.
"I can try" you raised your eyes to hers.
"But you can't always do it" she reminded you. "Remember why you did it. You had to survive, and it was your only choice. What would have happened if you wouldn't have shattered them?"
"They'd die slow deaths of hypothermia or being unable to breathe. The initial freezing just stops them in time, but after thirty minutes they start thawing out on their own" you looked down. "I didn't have the time to keep going and freezing everyone. I had to make choices based on what I could see"
"Why don't you think of it as you saved them from a more painful death, considering the circumstances" she asked you gently.
"I can try" you admitted.
"How have you been feeling?" she asked gently.
"Amazing, to be honest" you smiled happily. "I've been on cloud nine since they took the IV out, and I've been progressing so much better"
"You look happier" she looked around the room and gave a smirk.
"Bucky and I are going to move in together, although he's mostly moved in" you blushed.
"So, things have been going really well" she giggled. "I saw the newspaper"
"We've both admitted we love each other" you flushed a bit more.
"That's a little fast isn't it?" she seemed surprised.
"It doesn't feel fast. When its right, you just know" you grinned.
"Well, I want you to keep working on things that make you happy and keep taking time for yourself. You obviously have plans for the night. Start writing things down for me of what you do for yourself that make you happy" she got up.
"But I listed them" you started to argue.
"Even the smallest things, I want you to write them down" she smiled at you and walked towards the door. You weren't even going to argue she wasn't there long, you were too excited. You jumped up and ran to the door grabbing your purse and headed out with Daisy to the car.

When you got to the park, you parked your car in the spot that Bucky had originally parked when you both came on the motorcycle. You smiled to yourself as you got out of the car and Daisy jumped out excitedly. You stopped for an ice cream cone, and got a small vanilla one for Daisy and sat at one of the picnic tables and watched people as they walked by. You loved seeing how happy they all seemed. You enjoyed watching the couples walk closely together, making you think of when Bucky and yourself walked through the park with one another. You waited for Daisy to finish her cone, and you finished your own before getting up and starting your walk through the park. You found yourself taking photo's as you walked of different things, and enjoying yourself. You took a selfie and you holding Daisy and she was licking your cheek and sent it to Bucky. You continued walking through and found yourself just enjoying being in the moment. You took out your headphones and turned up your music as you walked and sang to yourself softly while you and Daisy walked. Your strides were confident as you went.
"Y/N?" you heard a voice behind you. You turned to see one of the old field agents that you had put back in their place long ago for not being a gentleman.
"Paul?" you asked as you stopped and looked at him curiously.
"What are you doing here? I haven't seen you at work in forever" he smiled walking closer.
"I'm out for a walk while my boyfriend is at his VA meeting. I transferred out of Shield" you shrugged.
"You actually found a guy that you didn't scare off?" he asked with a laugh.
"He found me, if I'm going to be honest" you gave a small smile. "And no, I didn't scare him off. He's been a perfect gentleman"
"Where did you transfer to?" he took a step closer and you took a step back.
"You'll find out in time" you gave a smirk. "If that's all?" you flipped your hair over your shoulder and started walking again.
"What are you in a hurry for?" he put his hand on your shoulder and you grabbed it and flipped him over your shoulder.
"I still don't like to be touched without permission" you gave a small smile. "Have a good night" you gave a wink and started heading back to the car.
"Bitch" you heard him groan as he started standing up.
"Its good to know some things don't change" you sighed as you led Daisy away with confident strides away.

When you got back to the car, you sat down and let Daisy get comfortable in the back seat. You were a little perturbed that your evening walk was disrupted, but you had fun regardless. You texted Bucky that you were thinking of heading home early, and didn't want to explain yourself. You just wanted to make sure that he was updated since you knew he would sometimes worry. You drove back to the compound and Daisy tiredly followed you back inside. You got changed into one of your satin nightgowns and slipped out onto the balcony with a book. You curled up with Daisy snuggled in with you. You had gotten so much into your book you hadn't even registered that Alpine had jumped up on you and you started absentmindedly petting him.
"Hey beautiful" you finally looked up to see Bucky leaning against the side of the balcony door with his arms crossed and looking like he had been there for a while.
"Hey, when did you get home?" you smiled to him.
"A few minutes ago. I was just watching you read" he came out and sat beside you. You automatically put switched your position so you could snuggle up to him.
"How did the VA meeting go?" you asked as he wrapped his arm around you.
"I just admitted to a room full of people I've fallen in love, and I couldn't be happier" he grinned at you. "I told them how the nightmares are barely there, and when they are I wake up and I just have to see you and it makes things so much better" he kissed you on top of your head.
"I didn't know you were still having nightmares?" you looked at him worriedly.
"Its that rare" he admitted gently. "How did it go with Doctor Joy?"
"More homework" you sighed. "Write down every little thing that makes me happy" you smiled at him. "I'd better go write this moment down" you winked at him.
"Did you cut your walk short?" he asked pulling you in a little closer for a kiss.
"How did you know? Are you keeping tabs?" you giggled.
"I know how long it normally takes us" he grinned.
"I ran into an old co-worker that needed to be reminded he's supposed to be scared still" you admitted gently. "He asked where I went, and I said he would find out on his own eventually"
"Tony is chomping at the bit to have a party and announce you" he kissed you softly. "So did he learn his lesson?"
"Of course, I flipped him on his back and walked away. I haven't done that in a while. It felt good" you smirked. "I told him I was waiting on my boyfriend to get out of his VA meeting"
"That alone should have warned him off" Bucky chuckled.
"I don't think he believed me" you admitted.
"Soon enough, the worlds going to see you for the amazing dame you are, and will know that you are all mine" he pulled you onto his lap and dipped his head down to give you a lingering kiss on the lips. "I'm looking forward to that day" he admitted softly.
"How are you really feeling after the meeting?" you asked since there was a small silence.
"I really do feel good. I've come a long way since Hydra had their hands on me. Even further since meeting you" he gave a grin. "One look at you, and you lit up the room for me. The world wasn't as dark of a place. I'm more worried about you right now" he kissed the side of your neck.
"I'm fine. It was liberating to know that I can still scare people" you chuckled darkly.
"You don't scare me" he shrugged. "Not once, except when I thought I was going to lose you. I'll admit you scared me then"
"You know I didn't mean to" you reached up and touched the side of his cheek, and turned your body so you could put your legs across his lap.
"I know" he nodded. "You did what you had to do" he gave a small smile and leaned his forehead against yours. "I think I loved you then, and just didn't want to admit it to myself yet"
"Well, you picked a good moment to tell me" you smirked. "Even though you thought I was sleeping"
"So, you did hear me?" he chuckled.
"They were the sweetest words to ever come out of someone's mouth to me. That's why I said it when I thought you were sleeping the moment I woke up" you flushed.
"I'm going to spend the rest of my life showing you how much I love you" he vowed softly.
"I'll be doing the same thing Sargent" you purred to him, wrapping both your arms around his chest. It was a little bit awkward of a hold, but you just wanted to have him hold you for a little bit longer.
"Come on, lets get you into bed. I'll just hold you for tonight so you can get some real sleep" he chuckled, and picked you up easily.
"But I like what we normally do" you looked at him innocently.
"They pushed you hard today, I know you're tired. Let me hold my dame for the night" he brought you in and placed you on the bed before kicking off his clothes and laying down beside you. You turned and snuggled in close, putting your head on his chest. Daisy jumped up and curled into his side, while Alpine crawled up on your hip.
"You stole my dog" you whispered.
"You stole my cat" he countered.
"You stole my heart" you added quickly.
"You stole mine too" he leaned down and kissed you softly on top of your head. "Get some sleep"