Second surgery

"Can I take Daisy out after breakfast?" Peter asked as everyone was finishing. You were already feeling tired from the antibiotics.
"That would help a lot, Peter, thank you" you gave a wan smile, and gave a small yawn.
"I'll go with you, I want to see if she does that new trick we taught her" Pietro grinned.
"A new trick?" you asked curiously.
"We have it so she dances in a circle when she's waiting for us to throw the ball" Peter smiled. "It's cute"
"She must really like you boys" you smiled happily.
"I need to go pack up for the week, can I walk you back to your room?" Clint asked gently seeing that you were already tired.
"Sure, I'd appreciate that" you gave another smile and tried standing up but your legs were hurting so you wobbled a bit.
"That will stop soon, I'll be doing my tests in your room" Doctor Cho noticed that you braced yourself on the table.
"I got your plate doll" Bucky gave a small smile.
"Thank you" you sighed, and gave him a weak smile grabbing the IV pole. Clint came over and offered his arm for you to hold onto and you slowly made your way back towards your bedroom. You had to stop a few times, afraid your legs would give out, but Clint waited patiently.
"Its going to get better, you just need to let the doc take care of you" Clint whispered. "I've gotten hurt on a lot of missions, it takes time"
"Its frustrating" you admitted. "I want nothing more than to go for a run, but I can barely make it to the dining room"
"It'll get better, let the team take care of you for now. They weren't kidding when they said we normally take down bases that size as a team. It's impressive you did it on your own. I told Laura about it, just a fair warning, she's sending me back with a care package until you're back on your feet" Clint gave you a smile.
"She doesn't have to do that" you flushed a bit.
"She knows how stir crazy I went when I was benched too. Just go with it, my wife is the sweetest person in the world" he spoke proudly. "You'll meet her and the kids someday. You'll see" he promised. He led you into your bedroom and helped you get up on the bed and tucked you in.
"Thank you Clint" you gave a tired smile.
"Anytime Newbie" he chuckled as you curled up in a ball. Alpine slipped in your door and came running in to lay on your hip. He walked quietly out the door, leaving it open just a fraction the way you liked it.

Doctor Cho woke you up when she came in for a blood sample and to take your vitals. You groaned already feeling like a pin cushion. She gave a small smile, and put the blankets back over you when she was done. Daisy was curled up in the small of your back snoring softly, and you knew the boys had gotten her to play for at least a good while. She seemed to relaxed.
"What's the bloodwork going to show?" you asked curiously.
"How the infection is coming. I'm starting to worry I might have missed some shrapnel based on how your body has been reacting" she admitted.
"You're pretty thorough, I'm not worried" you gave a tired smile, and she gave you a concerned look.
"Eight bullets, mistakes can be made" she sat down beside you. "You've changed a lot since you worked at Shield" she looked at you seriously. "It's been a good change. You don't seem to be forcing a smile all the time, it seems more genuine. You also seem a lot more relaxed"
"Its hard not to be relaxed around the team" you gave a shy smile. "They go out of their way for me I find. And they take such great care of Daisy while I'm out of my ass" you admitted.
"I think they know Daisy is important to you, and it's a way to get you to open up" she tapped your hip. "I'm just relieved you seem so much happier now" she stood up. "I'm going to test your blood samples, and then I'll be back. I might need a urine sample too"
"I hate getting those" you scrunched your nose.
"Its necessary" she shrugged. "Actually, before you go back to sleep lets get one from you" she pulled a cup with a lid from her pocket and you grimaced before standing up slowly. Alpine went over to snuggle with Daisy and Doctor Cho helped you get to the bathroom and waited outside the door while you did your business. You came out and handed her the cup wrapped in toilet paper and she smirked before helping you back to bed. You stopped long enough to grab a book and snuggled back in with Daisy and Alpine.