+ chapter seventeen +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

Her heart was thudding in her chest faster than the engine of a locomotive. Her palms were sweaty and clammy as she wiped them down her black shorts. She took a deep breath, staring at herself in the mirror and silently tried to pep-talk herself.

It was just a shower. Nothing more; she'd just see him naked for the first time, no biggie.

A mix between a nervous snort and a giggle scraped past her throat and she breathed in deeply; they seemed to be the only calming things she could do. In. Out. In. Out.

Just like she wanted Xander to – Alexa, breathe!

Alexa gulped, bending over the sink and splashed cold water on her face. It felt refreshing and it seemed to calm her down a bit. The feeling reminded her of the first time she kissed a boy.

It was in tenth grade, during a homecoming dance. He shoved his tongue down her throat and almost suffocated her and she vowed then to never tongue-kiss again. Of course, Xander changed her entire perspective on them, but the nervous and strange feeling was bubbling in the pit of her stomach.

It was as if the situation was out of her control. Knowing that Xander had been with a woman as beautiful as Corah brought some type of inferiority to her. She felt as if though he wouldn't like her body as much because she wasn't a Xrionian woman.

He had clearly stated that he didn't mind her appearance, in fact he liked how she looked, but the doubts were still in her mind. And they were making her more nervous than a teenagers sneaking out of their house.

"Just close your eyes," she whispered to herself, "and think about puppies. Don't look at him and you won't see the disappointment."

Puppies?

Puppies.

Cute golden retriever puppies with long floppy ears and a cute little nose. Yes, puppies.

Alexa rolled her eyes at her absurd thoughts and began reaching for the bottom of her t-shirt. She would be lying if she said she hadn't been preparing for that moment for the past couple of weeks. She had taken care of she – she had shaved.

She hadn't done it because Xander asked, but because she had learned the hard way that sex was more pleasurable for her when her bikini area was completely clean-shaven.

Just as her shirt reached the top of her head, a loud crackle flickered around the house, making all the lights go on and off and she cried out in shock. Her elbow smacked against the frame of the doorway and she began huffing profanities under her breath as she held it gingerly.

No matter how strong her skin was becoming against pain, her funny bone would always fück her over.

"Alexa?" Xander walked into the room quickly, taking her in his arms as he looked over her body. His eyes were filled with concern as he turned her arm over to inspect it and she nodded.

"I'm fine," she flashed him a small smile, "I just smacked my elbow on the wall. What happened?"

He shook his head, releasing her arm. "I do not know. The General just requested a private meeting so our shower will have to wait until another day. I do not know how long the meeting will take, so please do not wait up for me; you have training tomorrow morning."

Alexa pouted her lips and said, "So, I'll be sleeping by myself?"

He wiped her bottom lip, trying to get rid of the pout and said, "I am sorry, mielle. I will try to be quick, if it is allowed."