+ chapter twelve +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

"Isn't this exciting?!" Kelly gushed, raising her hands over her head as she stretched her muscles.

Alexa laughed and shrugged. "I think it's cool they're letting us train with them." She reached down to her toes, groaning as her knees cracked and straightened her back to continue talking to Kelly.

"You're so lucky," she sighed, leaning her weight on her left foot as she arched her body to the left.

She raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Because," Kelly laughed, "Xander is a Lieutenant, you're probably going to go with him so that he can train you and he'll most likely treat you like his princess."

Alexa frowned and shook her head, "He won't."

"Alexa," she deadpanned, "the guy likes you; he's not going to push you like he would push the other men."

"Well, yeah," she mumbled, "we're not men; we're females."

Kelly rolled her eyes. "You know what I mean. It's cool though because if Chandler was a Lieutenant or something, I'd want him to train me and treat me like a princess too."

Before she could answer, Xander walked up to her, still looking as handsome as he did that morning when he walked into her room to wake her up and said, "Hey."

She grinned at him, feeling butterflies erupt in her stomach and said, "Hey."

"Did you elect the squadrons you want to be in yet?"

"Nope," they spoke in unison.

He nodded and kissed Alexa's forehead gently. "I advise you choose one before they draft you, I will see you soon?"

She nodded, standing on her tiptoes to kiss him lightly and waved him goodbye. Kelly wiggled her eyebrows at her suggestively and sighed, "If Chandler wasn't my hottie, I'd be so jealous of you right now."

Alexa laughed, shaking her head and said, "Come on, let's choose a squadron."

They walked up to the table with the names and randomly chose a leader. After she made sure that it wasn't Xander, she walked to the group of women that were waiting for "Lieutenant D."

The day was beautiful. The sun was out shining brightly, but the occasional cool wind balanced it out to give the day a wonderful type of weather. Most of the men had already been running drills.

According to Xander, they divided the days into different specialties they needed to focus on. Mondays were running days and she knew that there was another reason added to her list of hating Mondays.

Alexa wasn't a big fan of running, but she didn't hate it completely. It just reminded her of her dad and he wasn't the nicest man in the world. There were certain memories that she did not want to remember. Nonetheless, she could feel the adrenaline pumping through her as she waited along with the other ten women for their leader.

As if it had been rehearsed, the Lieutenants began to walk up to their group members and introduce themselves. She was kind of disappointed that Kelly wasn't in her group, but she didn't want to be with Xander and Kelly had coincidentally been in his group.

She didn't have a good enough reason to not want to be in his group except the fear of not being treated like the others. She didn't want him to give her special treatment just because they lived in the same house and shared delicious kisses.