13: Rebels

GISELLE

I'm pacing back and forth while anxiously biting my lips, still no idea what happened to Jimin and I'm still waiting for the doctor's results. I didn't hesitate to use my abilities and rushed her here, in our secret lab in Gangnam. I knew something happened when it's just Winter whom got back from the class, I have this weird connection with Jimin that I can feel if she's on trouble or not.

When I felt that weird vibe, I immediately stormed out in our class and followed her scent. It's kinda weird that I sniffed different scents too, not only her but three. The last one is strong and dark.

"Aeri.." Yuri unnie called. She's our doctor here at Gangnam district, with Hyoyeon and Yoona unnie from the different district of Seoul.

"Unnie, how is she? Do we still need blood? I can get it, what happe—"

"Hey, breath. She's fine, someone casted a strong spell on her making the injury five times painful, her pain tolerance is slowly turning back to normal for as vampires. You don't have to worry." unnie assured, it was a relief but something's off.

I saw that dagger. It's not a typical sharp blade that you can just buy around, it's sacred. A symbol of loyalty and braveness of our ancestors back then.

It's a Ornate Emerald Medieval Dagger that originated back on Turkey hundred years ago. Only a high-skilled vampire have that.

But the hell I care when someone just intentionally hurt Jimin? A vampire nearly killed her. I thought we are forbidden to murder each other?! I knew that fucking rule is a big bullshit!

"Giselle!" I heard someone called.

"Mother?" I confusingly stated, she's with mom as she rushed towards me and held my cheeks, checking every inch of my face.

"I'm fine." I said and held her hand, she's trembling. Maybe because she's talking to me with Jimin's blood all over my clothes but there's only two choices why her hands are like that: it's either she's anxious or trying to calm her fuming rage.

"Where's Karina, sweetie?" she asked and tensely looking behind me. I was about to respond but Yuri unnie butted in.

"Irene-ssi." unnie called, mother glanced at her. I can feel the density of the atmosphere, now I'm a hundred percent sure that she's beyond mad. She had this strong energy that when she's mad you can feel it in the air, it suddenly became heavy and thick.

"Dr. Kwon, what happened to my daughter?" she asked intently. Yuri unnie pulled mother a little bit far away from us.

"Someone like us stabbed her shoulder blade with a Medieval dagger and a witch casted dark incantamentum making her feel the pain in most human way." I heard Yuri unnie.

I almost forgot that unnie studied dark magics, actually we all are need to but I find it boring so I just dropped it. Never did I knew that I'll need that shits for future purposes.

"Fucking witches." mother muttered. "And did I heard it right? Someone like us?"

"Yes, it seems that they're on their move now. Is it true?" what? who are they?

"True what?" mother asked back.

"The prophecy?" huh? prophecy?

"I don't know, the eclipse is a week from now. The council's preparing...someone powerful will soon be risen, a new ruler, light and darkness will crash each other for the first time, that person is our new beginning." mother explained. Is that the reason why there's always a gathering?