3: Bloodlust

KARINA

I closed my eyes breathing the air that I can at the roof deck. I'm aware that my breathing changed minutes ago as her natural scent lingered in the air. This is bad, I have so many question to ask but I ruined it. Something came up to me and I can hear them in my head especially this lowlife human Jake at the back thinking of something inappropriate to her.

"What the hell Jimin? What was that?" I heard Aeri who's just got here.

"I don't know, something weird happened to me." I groaned in frustration.

"I saw how your eyes reacted! What the hell? You nearly exposed us!" she's mad, she's growling at me.

"I'm sorry, okay? Something's wrong with me Aeri. I can feel it." I said and resting my hand on my forehead, this is making me crazy. I heard she sighed, maybe calming her anger.

"Now, explain. What the hell just happened back there?" she rested her hand on her waist, tapping her foot impatienly. She's just like mother scolding me for taking too much blood. "You know I can hear your thoughts when you're thinking too much right?" she rolled her eyes at me.

"Ugh! Please, sit beside me." I mumbled.

"Fine. Speak." she hissed, I felt a whooshed of air and in just a blink of light she's now sitting beside me.

"I told you, I can't read her mind." I started as Aeri nodded.

Living in a long period of time is thrilling but exhausting at the same time. You got to witnessed all of what happened from the past and carried it throughout your life. It's like a cycle, you've got to go through this and that.

Kinda sucks.

I died when a war hit our village back in 19th century, it was awful. A lot of people died and tortured especially women, I was wounded badly and I'm pretty sure that I'm about to die that day.

But then I woke up in a cave, I felt nothing. I don't feel weak nor hurt, I started to panicked because I'm sure that I died. I even started to think that maybe I'm in the afterlife and that's where I met Aeri.

Flashback:

"You're awake." I startled when I heard that voice echoing in this dark place.

"W–who are you?" I nervously said.

"It's okay. Don't be afraid." I'm sure that it's a voice of a girl.

"Show yourself." I said and there's this light coming out of nowhere. Then I saw a tall girl walking with blood on her mouth, hand and clothes, my eyes went wide in horror and started to tremble in fear.

"W–what the h–hell?" I mumbled and pushing myself away from her.

"Don't be afraid Jimin. I'm not going to hurt you." she said but it just made me more scared of her.

"How—h–how you knew me?" I startled when I felt a cold thing in my back, it was the rock. A dead end.

"Because I can read you so well."

"W–what? Are you playing with me?" I scoffed, is she crazy?

"No. I'm not crazy." she said which surprised me. What? "I told you, I can read you very well. Your head speaks so much." she's wiping her bloody mouth with the back of her hand.