九 ︴ kyuu ⸻ chapter nine.

━━━━ [幽玄] ━━━━

━━━━ [幽玄] ━━━━

FINALE: EXECUTION

In the aftermath of the events in Shibuya, Tokyo has been completely overtaken by curses. An overhead shot of Tokyo at night is shown, slowly zooming out to reveal that the area is nearly pitch-black. Unknown figures begin discussing the situation and reveal that the 23 wards have been almost completely destroyed, with only a handful of areas clear. They plan to create an evacuation plan for the five million residents, estimating that at least ten million cursed spirits have been released.

One of the people is flabbergasted that they plan to evacuate the entire area, wondering about the various consequences. One says that they should expand the two barriers to the boundaries of the prefecture, and another worries about making public the existence of cursed spirits. Someone assures the others that sorcerers are protecting evacuees inside the city, with another adding that they can tell the public that cursed spirits only appear in Tokyo. As someone worries about an intervention by a foreign military, the others debate back and forth about how to handle the whole situation.

"Mana don't open that!"

A young girl yelled to her sister as they both went to the convenience after their brother told them to hide for a while. The younger one got impatient and confused about what's happening in Japan lately, and after spotting a empty store, her morals were thrown to the window and just grabbed snacks whatever she pleases, much to her older sister's dismay.

"But I'm hungry! And big bro didn't come back yet!" The young girl named Mana whined. "I'm really scared Luna!" Tears started pouring out form her eyes as the older sister started to comfort the young crying girl.

"I know, I know, I'm scared too but big bro said that he's going to find mom..." Luna sighed and went to ge the chips from Mana's hands and put back on the shelf. Her eyes spots a figure in the doorway of the convience store outside and she quickly smiles, recognizing the figure.

"Big bro you're so fast! How'd you find us—"

"Coooome heeeere with me~, its dangerous there~" Luna's smile slowly dropped and sweatdropped at her brother's voice, noticing that it sounded disfigured and weird. Mana saw the figure and almost ran towards him in excitement, but her older sister held the back of her collar firmly making her confused.

"W-where's mom?" Luna asked sternly trying be sound confident at the situation and dragged Mana closer to her.

"Mom... and dad and big sister and little brother and teacher are all here with me!" Luna's comfort zone dropped at her older brother's exclamation, feeling no longer familiar with him. However, Mana didn't feel any threat and asked.