Scene 1 - Alias Investigations

The moon slowly fizzled out, the sun was set to rise again. Kit was unable to stay in one place, pacing up and down her room holding onto packs of letters, reading them and re-reading them, re-reading them again.
Eventually the writing started to clump together and she sprawled herself upon the floor in front of the suitcase, asleep.

She woke to the mid morning sunlight shining through her window and a crackling sound right outside her door. Kit rose to a sitting position and rubbed her eyes briskly, trying to identify it. She jumped from the ground, tugging on a pair of green shorts and a white blouse.
Snatching a blanket off her bed and wrapping it around, hurrying down stairs. The scent of bacon and freshly made coffee reached her from the kitchen.

While there, sitting in a chair, was auntie carol, fast asleep a newspaper with the obituaries on it lay opened on the table. While breakfast was set beside her when she entered the dining room. It seems like she wasn't the only one who stayed up reading.
Maria shushed her to not make any noise while she brushed past kit, giving a stern look as she left the room.

Kit poured a cup of coffee, heading down towards the table. She leaned forward in her chair, slowly slamming down her royal blue camellia mug as she sat. Carol head jerked up, the newspaper stuck against her cheek for her face look flamed, glancing sharply, eyeing kit suspiciously.

Kit looked about carol with a smirk which did not leave her face. Sitting down in her chair, she glanced around the table handing herself a plate of scrambled eggs cooked with mushrooms and buttered toast.
Staring at the spoon that was submerged into her mug, absently, as she begun to stir slowly. Trying to find some fond memory to shove aside the writing plastered up in her mind when maria walked back into the room with the morning mail and the nonstop sympathy gifts. This time it was a self care basket more useful then the one before it, what do you do with a lifetime supply of cheese especially when the person your gifting too is slightly lactose intolerant.

The small clock on the mantel behind her slowly ticked the time away as it struck eleven forty-five.
Kit merely forgetting her already booked flight back to New York.
Abandoning her coffee cup on the window sill and scarfing down her last piece of toast, she darted for the stairs right when maria cut her steps short nearly crashing into the wall beside her.
"Where you off to?" She asked, crossing her arms while she stopped in front of her, gazing down at kit with quiet intensity.

"Sorry, I have to get ready for my flight." She caught her breath and stared up at her face and found it to be still as stern as her voice. With a heavy sigh, kit rubbed her forehead and ran her fingers though her uncombed hair. "I know, I know, It's bad timing to be going back to New York right now but-" maria cut her off with a hands-on-hips serious stare.
"But nothing, your not flying anywhere." Her simple, earnest response and the conviction on her face floored kit completely, "There's to much that needs to be done around here."
Walking back into the kitchen, collecting and placing last of the dishes on the counter beside the sink as she let's the water run for living in such a old home hot water doesn't last as much between showers and cleaning a iron skillet and wooden handled spatula.

Annoyed, kit rolled her eyes, as if anything is more important and serious for her to miss her flight back north. "Like what? Eat a boatload of cheese while I lay in some pomegranate bath salts." She jokingly argued in the most horrible british accent, slouching against the wall that still held a old cherry red rotary phone.

Leaning her stomach against the sink, maria breathed out a deep sigh as she begins to scrub harder and clumps of bubbles start to form. "No like, send out thank you cards and clean and-"

Stunned, kit was silent, trying to digest what she was held to listen. "Wait, thank you cards?" She asked "Por dios! that's exactly how I want to spend my day, telling people thanks for coming and for helping bury my mother."