The Pilot ( My deadly departed )

Wriggling herself out of the attic window with a already lit cigarette, jutting out to the side, firmly secured in the corner of her lips. Sneaking down on the ledge while the sound of leaves crunch under her bare feet from the large oak trees that stood along the back of the manor. She wrapped herself in the black cardigan with her favorite strappy satin ruched black dress over the top.
Tears continued to seep down kit's cheeks but she didn't sob, dashing them from her eyes with her sleeve. huffing in and out as if sucking in a lung full of chemicals might excuse her absence from those saying 'I'm Sorry for your loss'

She sat down, leaning her back against the crooked shingles, and watched shadows from puffy clouds drift across the surface, the sun fully out from behind them with the clear sound of blackbirds beginning to chirp.

Kit was halfway through her smoke when she heard the tapping at the window behind her. Turning to a warm brown eye gazing at her from a pale, dark-haired face.
"I thought your mother said you was gonna quit that" he wondered,

Glancing over her shoulder at him with a look of tired amusement. "Yeah well she also said that she'll never leave me, so I guess we both lied"
Flicking the already worn out cigarette butt into the gutter and lighting another, placing it back in the corner of her mouth, her cold fingers shivering searching through her red silk bra, finally emerging with a lighter.

He moved over to the windowsill, half sat on it."That's not what I meant" his voice was tender, full of pity.

As kit jammed in the cig­arette lighter into roof, unable to light up. "Yeah I know what you meant parker"

Choking down his fear of heights, he climbed slowly and softly out the window onto the roof, taking hold of kits heels.
Digging around in his pocket for a minute before dragging out a freshly unused matchbook. "Well, your aunt carol wants you, I think it's about your mother's will." Kneeling beside her he strucks a fire with the third match, holding it under his hand, lighting the cigarette that stood between kit's lips until it began to burn.
Taking a long drag, an exhaling to the side, avoiding his face."I'm guessing funerals probably don't even phase you anymore" she murmured.

He opened his mouth to speak, but instead shut it up again, shaking his head, a bit taken back.
"Well, it's not something I'm proud of but it does make the time you had with them less depressing." Parker spoke as he stood and motioned for kit to follow him.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, thank you for coming though" She murmured again instantly regretting everything, lifting a hand signaling for him to help lift herself up.

Squeezing tight he drew her close, hugging her, sighing heavily. "No problem, your mother always made me feel welcomed." Lifting her head, "Are you ready?" He asked gazing down into her eyes that were the sweet hue of a fresh spring clover.

"Ready then I'll ever be" She mumbled, inhaling the grey stench of smoke.

Squinting, looking over kits shoulder to a black suv driving down in front of the manor."Well you better cause guess who just pulled up a half a minute late"

Turning her head, focusing her attention onto the car, she was acutely aware of who it belong too. "Goodness, she doesn't speak to her daughter less alone her own granddaughter but decides to arrive late to her funeral aswell."

His hands slid up her arms, gently caressing her shoulders."kit, let's not get hasty and make this all about how your abuela is a miserable cruel women who kicked out your mother"

Kit placed her hands on his chest, gently pushing him back away from her in disgust."She didn't kick her out she left her alone in the cold when she needed her most, especially when..."
Taking back her shoes, stubbing out the cigarette on the ground with the heel, storming out towards the window, furious and frustrated.
He nodded, taking her hand and guiding her up out of the window.
"Especially when after your father stupidly decided to abandon you when you wasn't even one day old"