Match Day

Next morning when Rohit got up he saw Virat was already freshened up and having coffee. He saw Virat had dark circles around his eyes.
He knew that he didn't sleep because Virat never had coffee the first thing in the morning.

Rohit - "Didn't u sleep yesterday?" asked Rohit in concerned about him

Virat - "Little bit"

Rohit didn't say anything further. He freshens up and they both went on the ground.
Mahi saw both of them coming. Mahi went to them and wished - "Morning !"
Virat just nodded and went from there. Rohit wished him back - "Morning !"

Mahi - "U okay ?"

Rohit - "Yes I m fine"

Mahi - "Is Virat okay ? He looks stressed!"

Rohit - "Honestly he hasn't spoken much since yesterday.. And he was not able to sleep properly I think"

Their conversation was interrupted when Rohit was called by the teammates. They were gearing up for the first T20 match. Virat had lost the toss and they were bowling first.

They bowled nicely and had a 180 score to chase. Virat was totally different on the field today. He was very silent and was changing the bowlers. He was not celebrating wicket as he used to.

As Rohit was going out there to bat he saw Virat with his second coffee. Rohit went to him .. he was with Bhuvi. Rohit took him by his arm to side.

Rohit said concerned- "what's up with u ? This is your second coffee .. u haven't had anything and u are drinking so much caffeine."

Virat - "It's nothing Ro don't worry .. go and bat .. see Rah is waiting for u"
Rohit signalled Bhuvi to watch on him.

Rohit and Rah were batting together. But it didn't last long because Rohit got out on 30. Virat came to bat.
Rohit sat in the dressing room .. Mahi came there and sat beside him. He kept his hand on his back and said - "Ro don't worry .. u played well"

Rohit stood up and said - "Don't do that because u will not be there from next series to sit beside me and tell me that it's okay .. so please don't give me hope"

Mahi made him sit and said calmly - "Rohit .. u know our relationship is so strong and even if I am not there physically with u i will be always there for u .. when we have this connection like I have with u and Cheeku .. physical presence doesn't matter Ro .. u just close ur eyes and imagine that u r with that person .. u think it is easy for me .. it's way too hard. But as we say this is the part and parcel of the game. You have to be strong and accept it"

Rohit - "U promise that u will be always there ? And will never hide anything from us?"

Mahi - "I promise and also I am sorry"

Rohit hugged him with all his energy and with tears flowing from his eyes. Mahi also hugged him tightly. Their moment was broken with the scream in dugout. Rohit went out and saw Virat was on the ground.

Virat was hit on the helmet by the bouncer. Physio ran to the ground and Rohit went with him as it was break. Mahi could not go for obvious reasons but he was really worried now. It was relief to them that he was not unconscious.

Rohit went towards him - "U okay ?" Virat nodded at him. Rohit - "U sure ?" .. Virat nodded again.

They continued batting. Virat in no time reached his half century. Virat with Rishabh chased the total with Virat's unbeaten 90*.

Everyone was happy with the match win. But Virat had a neutral expression on his face. While giving the post match presentation he was just answering it without any emotions.

He walked towards his room after everything was wrapped up. He was so tired but somehow he was unable to sleep. It was exhausting for him and irritating at the same time.
He just sat on the couch trying to get himself some rest.

Rohit came in the room and saw Virat resting on the couch. Virat got aware of his presence. Rohit asked softly - "Have u had something from the morning"

Virat nodded in no. Rohit sat beside him and asked - "Kya baat hai Vi mai kal se notice kar raha hu .. u are so silent and lost .. mujh se toh share kar sakta hai na"

Virat sighed and said - "I am so exhausted Ro .. I can't sleep .. I haven't got sleep since I saw the post of Bhai .. I don't what to do Ro .. it's so frustrating. I will go crazy like this. It is only causing me to anxiety."

Rohit said softly - "Should we consult the doctor regarding this ? It can help you"

Virat nods and Rohit called the doctor. The doctor came and checked him. He says - "I know you are deprived of sleep but you have to be calm .. you have to solve your issues whatever is disturbing you. I can only give some anxiety medicines but not sleeping pills .. it is not advisable .. If it continues then may be I can give but not right now."

Rohit - "We understand" .. Doctor takes their leave.

Rohit - "Try to get some rest. I will ask Bhuvi to bring the medicines."

Virat - "No please dont do that ... I dont want anyone to know it. It will just create panic."

Rohit - Okay .. I will ask the hotel staff. He told the hotel staff to bring the medicines and food.

Virat managed to eat something. He took the medicines and rested on the bed closing his eyes wanting to get some sleep.

Rohit was worried for Virat now. He didn't knew that Virat was having trouble falling asleep. Rohit was determined now to get Mahi bhai to talk to Virat and solve everything. Because he cannot imagine Virat taking medicines for anxiety. He has to do something.

Rohit asked Virat softly -- "How were you able to play for so long?"

Virat - "I dont know may be it was the game which kept me distracted for that long"

Virat - "Ro tu bhai se baat kar na ki wo apna retirement wapis le .. plz Ro (he pleaded to Rohit) .. because if he does that everything will be back to normal .. tu bol na Ro unko (he had tears in his eyes)

Rohit just hugged him and said - "Vi you know na it is not possible .. he has made a decision and we cannot change that even if we want to .. we have to just accept it"

Virat just cried and said - "Why he did this Ro ? He could have told us then it would be less painful atleast .."

Rohit didnt know what to say so he just rubbed his back to calm him down. Virat just slept off due to medicines and exhaustion. Rohit just made his mind to make everything okay between Virat and Mahi bhai.

---------------------

Vote and comment the feedback

Next will be the MahiRat chapter