Ch. 6

Virgil woke up feeling warmer than he had in years.

Usually, he would wake up with a headache or a hollow feeling in his chest. Today, it was different. He’d had a good sleep for the first time in years.

When he opened his eyes, he quickly realized he wasn’t alone.

Roman’s back was to him, the shorter boy sleeping soundly. Immediately, Virgil felt his face go red. Roman didn’t have a shirt on. (Did he even have clothes on?)

That’s right, the green-eyed boy had come over last night. 

And the two of them had…

He buried his face in his hands, silently screaming. He couldn’t believe that had happened, it was too unlikely to be true. What did this mean for the future? Were the two of them lovers? Were they dating? He had never experienced anything like this before, it was uncharted territory. 

It terrified him beyond belief.

What if he had just fallen for a trap? What if Roman had tricked him into thinking he cared, just to get Virgil to open up?

Then again, Roman hadn’t needed to say much, he ended up spilling his guts almost involuntarily anyway.

Still, he wanted to trust Roman. He wanted to believe that Roman was good, and that he really did want Virgil. In a way, it was almost too good to be true. Someone as perfect as Roman Prince, wanting to be with someone as broken and used as Virgil Pryder? Who would believe that?

He wrapped his arms around Roman’s waist, pulling him closer and relishing in his warmth. Roman smelled like cake and roses. It caused an unconscious smile to spread onto Virgil’s face.

He pressed gentle kisses to Roman’s bare shoulder, the shorter boy beginning to stir.

Roman hummed softly. “What time is it?” He asked, almost a whisper.

Virgil glanced over at his alarm clock. “5 AM.” He murmured, before continuing to press light kisses to smooth skin.

Roman released a faint groan. “I have to go soon.” He mumbled. “My dad wanted me back by breakfast.” 

Virgil frowned. “Just have breakfast here.” He said. He didn’t want Roman to leave yet. There was still a whole day ahead of them. He had so many things he wanted to experience with the boy in his arms.

“I can’t do that.” Roman sighed, before sitting up. Virgil whined, idly reaching for him. Roman glanced back at him, a playful smirk on his face. “Who’s the needy one now?” He teased. 

“God,” Virgil grit out, Roman’s hands holding on tightly to his skin, “you’re so needy.” 

Virgil felt his cheeks go slightly pink. “Still you.” He mumbled, giving up on reaching for Roman and relaxing back into his pillow.

Roman rolled his eyes, before looking around the room for his clothes.

Virgil watched him for a second, slightly perplexed. “You’re going to wear the same clothes back home?” He asked. 

Roman looked confused as he stared at him. “Uh, yeah?” He tilted his head, which Virgil found incredibly cute. 

“That’s not happening.” Virgil grumbled, refusing to let Roman feel gross and dirty for even a second. “Put on something in the closet.” 

“And look like a child?” Roman raised an eyebrow. “You’re way taller than me, Virgil.” 

Virgil hadn’t even thought about that, but the thought of Roman in clothes way too big for him was really pleasant to imagine. “Exactly.” He chuckled, already mentally cooing at the thought. “That way, the entire world gets to know that last night, you were with me.”