Chapter 4

You guys are the most amazing fans ever! I can’t believe how quickly this story is climbing the charts. I am truly honored and inspired by all of your comments. Please keep them coming and let me know how I am doing.

I love you!

ink

Chapter 4

Trust…such a small word with such big consequences. It is the difference between happiness and misery, love and hate, and life and death. The vast enormity of such a simple word was not lost on Margo.

When she had found Clive in bed with Hannah she never thought she’d be able to trust again. But as the days passed Margo began to place her trust in the most unlikely of beings, the wolf she had been tirelessly caring for. A wild animal that had no reason to trust her had. And in doing such he slowly melted the icy barrier around her heart.

Four days after arriving at her home the wolf proved just how loyal and trustworthy he was. As Margo made her way into his stall she received a big surprise when he suddenly kissed her on her cheek as she closed the door. So startled was she, by the act of affection, that the rare steak she had brought him to snack on slipped from her grip. Laughing lightly at her unnecessary freak out she spun around to scold him for startling her.

Upon seeing him completely muzzle free and gazing at her, Margo’s panic came back tenfold. How he had slipped the muzzle was beyond her but her heart rate spiked when she saw it lying mangled in the corner.

“Hhhhhh hhhh hhhh……” so scared was Margo that she couldn’t even speak the words on the tip of her tongue. Unable to control her voice or her actions Margo stood petrified and trembling in the corner. Fear left her paralyzed.

To her great relief Wolfie acted like he did every day. He simply limped up to her and tenderly rubbed against her leg, grabbed his meal and happily padded over to the make shift exam table. Seeing his calm and friendly demeanor brought Margo’s sky rocketing blood pressure down. Staring him right in the eye she said, “How the hell did you get that muzzle off?”

He simply looked at her and gave her his best wolf smirk. Taking a deep breath and grabbing tightly to her courage Margo made her way over to Wolfie and checked over his injuries. Margo was pleased with his quick recovery. His bones seemed to mend twice as fast as normal and his lacerations seemed to be disappearing daily. The only injury that really seemed to be affecting him was the severely broken leg.

Guiltily, she wondered if she should have had Doc come over and place pins in the shattered bones. But it was too late now. Too much time had passed and if he were to meet Wolfie who knows how the old man would react. She didn’t want Doc having another heart attack on her watch.

Instead she settled for asking, “How the leg today?”

He just simply harrumphed and continued eating his steak.

After an additional week of recovery Margo decided that it was time that the wolf gets back into shape. Since she had started a new workout regimen she figured she’d take him along with her. Grabbing her iPod and a leash and collar from Jed she danced her way down to the barn. Bursting through the doors she belted out one of the songs from her gym playlist.

“Give me a shot to remember. And you can take all the pain away from me. One kiss and I will surrender. The sharpest lives are the deadliest to lead. A light to burn all the empires, so bright the sun is ashamed to rise and be.”

Hearing loud and definitely off key singing roused the wolf and brought him to curiously peer over to his stall door. Rising onto his hind legs he was surprised to find Margo dancing around the barn in a black sports bra and matching spandex shorts. Lust burned in his eyes as he watched her sway her hips to the music pumping out if her headphones.

He hated the music but seeing her so carefree and happy made him love the depressing song. He snickered at the irony of situation.

“There’s a place in the dark where the animals go. You can take off your skin in the cannibal glow. Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands. Drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands Romeo,” she sang while bringing her face down to his level and sashaying into the stall. Giggling at her own silliness Margo twirled around the stall and playfully danced for the entranced wolf. As the chorus of the song came back on she motioned for Wolfie to joins her in her dancing.

Placing his paws in her hands she kept up her singing. All the while his eyes drank in her smiling face and his tail waged in appreciation of her nearly bare form. All he could think was, “I hope she gives me a shot to remember.”

As the song came to a close Margo burst out into a fit of giggles. “Nice moves wolf boy. I swear that you’ve done that before,” she teased. His response was to playfully nip at her fingers.

“Alright, enough of this lets go get some fresh air,” she said as she slipped the collar around his neck. The wolf instantly reacted and yanked away from Margo though she didn’t notice. Instinct told him to escape. A vicious snarl ripped through his lips as Margo attached the leash and tried to pull him out the stall door.

The hairs on the back of her neck stood up on end as she realized the error she’d foolishly made. In the short span of eleven days the wolf had made her feel so comfortable that she forgot that he was still a wild animal. “Easy buddy. It’s just me,” she said cautiously as she laid the leash on the ground. “I would never hurt you. You know that. Just settle down,” she cooed.

With hackles raised and ferocious snarls slipping out from his curled lip, the Wolfie of moments ago was replaced by a startled wild animal which backed Margo into a corner and stared her down. He was challenging her to pick up the restraints.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for the delay guys. I was very sick, as most of you know but it seems as soon as I was feeling better I had a family emergency. Everything is seems to be okay again. Updates should continue as normal, unless any complications arise. Thanks for your understanding and support.

P.s. Sorry this is short but on the plus side I am working on the next chapter. :-)

Ink