Chapter 3

Thanks for all of the votes and comments. You are all amazing.

Remember I am no professional and this is unedited, so if you see any errors please let me know.

ink

Chapter 3

Upon arriving back home Margo discovered that her new patient was awake. At first she was terrified when the beast's heavy head landed in her lap but when she saw the pain and pleading in his eyes she relaxed.

As her hand traveled over the length of the creature's body warm blood coated her fingers. The seriousness of the situation slammed into her at the sight of the crimson liquid.

Driving Jed straight to the barn Margo thanked her lucky stars when she saw that she had left the large sliding door open. Skillfully, she maneuvered Jed into the narrow aisle. Throwing the truck into park she then turned her attention back to her patient. "Alright buddy we are home," she said while bringing her hand carefully up to stroke his soft ears. "Now when I get outa here I don't want you jumping out and running off.....Understand?"she asked.

Giving the wolf a pointed look she waited for a response. After a few moments he waged his tail.

"Good."

Then slowly, as not to startle the creature she reached for the door. As awkwardly as one of the recently born colts trying to stand, Margo slide from her vehicle cursing the broken running board as she did.

"Stay here," she said as she closed the cab door.

Walking to the other end of the barn Margo dug out her large orange wheelbarrow. Unhappy with the filth that coated it she quickly grabbed the bleach and scrubbed it clean. Finally satisfied with the disinfected surface Margo made her way back to Jed and the wolf.

Opening the cab door she found her patient restlessly pacing the small space and panting heavily. "Easy buddy,' she cooed. "I'm back, sorry it took so long."

Upon hearing the soothing lit to her voice the wolf halted his pacing and watched Margo curiously. "Are you ready to get out of here?" she asked while throwing the door wide open.

The beast hesitantly limped forward. When he came face to face with Margo he affectionately nuzzled her. "Good boy," she whispered while running her fingers through his soft fur. The wolf shivered and made a purring sound in response to her gentle caresses.

Breaking the moment the wolf backed up while looking at the floor and then the wheelbarrow. As he crouched his muscled coiled. Just as he was about to spring forth from the truck Margo wrapped her arms around him. "Easy big fella. I'll try not to hurt ya." The wolf shook trying to free himself but Margo Just held tight and lifted the struggling canine from Jed.

With great reluctance the wolf stopped his struggling and allowed Margo to place him in the wheelbarrow and push him through the narrow aisle way. "Alright wolfie this is going to be your new home for a while," she said as they went into a large box stall.

Gently she lifted the wolf and placed him in the stall. "Sorry to do this to ya again, but I'll be back," she mumbled as she jabbed yet another sedative filled syringe into the beast.

As the wolf drifted off into dream land Margo got her medical kit from Jed. Walking back to the stall she silently prayed that she would be able to help the injured creature. She then began the long process of examining, cleaning, and stitching up the wolf.

As he roused back into consciousness a soft whimper left him. Moving carefully the wolf wasn't surprised to feel the familiar ache in his bones as they healed. What did surprise him though was how they all felt back in place. Slowly, standing he looked down his body and saw that the large gash in his side was wrapped in gauze and that his fur had been shaved in some spots, presumably so that smaller wounds could be cleaned and then left to drain. The bandages itched badly and on instinct the wolf shook in an attempt to set himself free.

Another soft whimper slipped past his muzzle as the pain set in. Rather than the sharp, howl inducing agony that typically brought him to his knees as dull radiating pain pulsed through his veins.

Grateful, for the care bestowed up him by the strange woman the wolf began to turn around and examine his new home. He was in an ordinary horse stall with a water bucket hanging on the wall and fresh, clean straw pilled high in the corner. Making his way over to the straw he was was startled to find Margo sleeping amongst it.

Stealthily, like the fierce predator he was he skulked towards the vulnerable Margo. Rather than attacking the being that grievously injured him he instead curled up next to her trembling form offering her his own body heat. Her quiet snoring soon lulled him back to sleep.