Chapter 9

Hey guys, I bet you can’t believe it is actually me. I am so sorry for how long this update has taken me to get out. But things around here haven’t been great. For those of you who don’t know, I was thrown from my horse in July. I spent a good chunk of the night in the emergency room and when they released me I thought the only things wrong with me were a minor concussion, and bruised ribs and scapula. It turns out things were worse. I have been spending all my time in and out of doctor’s appointments. But finally the test results are in…..and I will be okay!!! Yippy, life should resume as normal.  Thanks for understanding. You guys really are the best.

<3 ink

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter: 9

The annoying beep, beep, beep of a heart monitor and some light snoring, were the first sounds to greet Margo’s ears. Baffled as to where she could possibly be Margo attempted to open her eyes. But opening them was more difficult than it had ever been before. It felt as though each lid was weighted down. Once she was able to pry them open she was confused by what she saw. Margo was in an off white room that smelled heavily of disinfectant, she was hooked up to monitors, IV’s and tubes. Her chest hurt badly. And she didn’t recognize the shirt that Doc was wearing.

The old man was in some weird powder blue t-shirt that had a graphic print across the front. It was a glasses wearing corgi, listening to an iPod that said I <3 Hipsters!  Margo’s chest roared in fierce protest as each giggle made its way out. Her painful laughter did not fall on deaf ears. Doc stirred at the awful wheezing that had filled the room.

“How are you feeling kiddo?” he asked. Worry etched new, hard lines into his face and had left big black bags under his eyes. Yet as haggard as they looked his eyes still glittered with humor.

“Owe, owe, owe,” Margo whined after each giggle. “I’d, be doing a hell of a lot better if you’d change your damn shirt,” she wheezed out while trying to calm her laughter.

Rolling his eyes Doc didn’t rise to her bait.

“Seriously, who dressed you today, some tree hugging hobo who was too embarrassed to wear that monstrosity himself?” she barked.

“Ha ha ha…laugh it up girly. At least I ain’t the one in the hospital bed.” Doc countered.

Doc’s words were like a cold bucket of water being dumped over her head, she instantly sobered her up. “Speaking of which,” she broached, “how’d I get here?” Her question was sincere. All that Margo could remember before waking up to Doc was being in the barn and coughing hard.