59

Ryder Kingston ||

So it worked. Fuck. It really did work.

I'm sitting outside her room on the couch thinking how I even convinced her.

I've been such a dick to her when all she's been doing is trying to fix things. When all she's done is be nice to me and help me when I fell off the bed.

I hate that she found me like that. Most embarrassing shit ever. I'm going to have to make her swear not to say anything.

I'm just really fucking happy she let me take her out. I haven't been this happy in so long it feels like. Pure excitement. Feel like a dog.

I owe everything to her. To try, to fix this, to make us a thing again. I have to try to make things better between us. Cause this isn't the end.

The way I feel for her. The way I crave for her. Isn't something I've felt for anyone else. I envision my whole life with her already. No girl amounts to her, not even close. I should be saying all of this to her.

I save my thoughts for her late and look at the time. She has 30 minutes to walk out of her door. I'm anxious just sitting here.

What if she changes her mind? I would. After someone being a complete dick to me, I wouldn't even consider it. But she has a soft spot for me.

She looks happier. Makes me wonder if she's happier without me. Maybe she is. We'll find out tonight. But it's almost like she's glowing.

The two weeks we haven't spoken to each other and I've passed by her each day, she gets brighter. It's like slowly she's healing and I'm happy for her.

Suddenly I'm brought out of my thoughts when Belle, Gio's sister, sits next to me.

"What you thinking about in that almond head of yours?" She asks eating almonds.

"Nothing. It's none of your business."

"I mean it is when your thinking is taking up all the space in the room."

I narrow my eyes at her, "How about you go somewhere else and eat your almonds?" She shakes her head. "No, I like it here. So tell me. Is it about Ana?"

"If you must know, yes. It is. It always is," I admit.

She pretends to gag with her finger in her throat, "Sorry. That was just disgustingly cute. Continue."

I roll my eyes scooting away from her slighting, continuing, "Anyways, I was just thinking about whether or not she's going to walk out. Whether or not she'll take me back."

I can't believe I'm telling a 16-year-old my problems.

She sucks her teeth in throwing another almond in her mouth, "You have nothing to worry about."

"How do you know that?"

"Cause I'm her girl best friend and she tells me everything, duh."

Like I haven't talked to her in two weeks and I was supposed to magically know that? Wait. She tells her everything?

"What does she exactly tell you?" She looks at me, midway eating an almond-like she spoke too much. She shakes her head very aggressively standing up and running away. Oh no.