19

Analia Rayne ||

The sun peaks through my large curtains beaming on my eyes.

I rise from my bed and stretch my arms up.

I grab my phone to see the time and see it's 11 in the morning. I slept for a good 11 hours.

Swinging my feet out from the bed, touching the cold floor, I get up and head to the bathroom to shower. I shower and do my morning routine. After picking out an outfit which is just a pair of grey sweats and a black crew neck, I walk out of my room.

To my surprise, all the guys are in the apartment.

Decorating?

I see a huge sign that says happy birthday and millions of light pink, white, light purple, and cream-colored balloons. What's this for?

Ohh, is this for my birthday?

That totally flew over my head, as you can tell.

"Ana! You're awake!" Gio hops off from the step stool from hanging up the banner. "We didn't know what color was your favorite so we picked a few nice ones, that we liked. Hope it's fine."

"I don't really have a favorite color, so it's fine. But you guys do realize my birthday is tomorrow though, right?" I question why they're setting up so early.

"Oh, we know. It's just we won't be here from 7 pm until 1 am. Only Ryder will be. So you better be up at 1 so I can wish you a happy birthday," he tells me cheerfully. I give him a nod, telling him I'll try to and he goes back to setting up. Ryder walks over with his hands in his pockets.

"So what do you think?" he says walking to my side to admire the setup with me.

"I like it. I haven't had an actual birthday party or whatever, in a long time. So this is perfect," I say smiling at him.

"I'm glad we're the ones to do it," he looks over at me and I feel his stare.

"Stop staring at me you weirdo," I walk away to the kitchen. I hear him lightly laugh from behind me.

"Stop staring at my ass, too."

I say hi to the rest of the guys and grab a muffin, heating it, from yesterday.

I sit on the island and eat my muffin as I watch them set up.

They can do all the work.

"So what do you wanna do for your birthday?" Elijah asks tying balloons together.

"I don't know, actually. I haven't thought about that," I take another bite of my muffin.

On my birthday every year when I was little, we went to every possible food place that gave free birthday food. Then my parents and I would go to the aquarium or the mall. Was only ever those the options. But after my dad's passing I never really did do anything.

"What did you use to?"

"I use to go to the mall or the aquarium. I use to love the aquarium. But I don't know if it's my thing anymore."