34

Analia Rayne ||

Just when I thought life was perfect.

It all goes to shit.

Our apartment is trashed.

All due to Gio, no offense to him.

I ran into him on a date with my boyfriend.

Too much has happened in the last 12 hours.

I've barely got to process half of what has happened and more just keeps adding onto it.

Gio has finally relaxed and is now sitting on the couch drinking water. Ryder's going around the place with a black trash bag, picking things up. Most of the things are trashed but he didn't go inside our room so that's good.

"I'm really sorry about all of this. I didn't mean for you guys to come home to this," he tells me.

"Hey, it's okay. We're just happy you're okay."

I give him a soft smile.

"So. Do you want to tell us why this even happened? Like the cause of it?" he meets my eyes before looking over to his side.

I feel guilty now. Maybe I'm pushing him.

Panic fills me. "You don't have to if you don't want to by the way."

Better.

He looks at me before looking behind me. I turn around and see he's looking at Ryder. Ryder nods his head at Gio and continues cleaning up.

Okay, what's going on?

Gio exhales before talking, "I use to be in the mafia before this."

The mafia?

"What the fuck- Gio?" Ryder says behind me.

"How was I suppose to say it?" Gio starts shaking his hands in the air.

"Never fucking mind."

"So you were in the mafia? I'm not surprised. You're Italian. Just makes sense."

"Not every Italian is in the mafia."

"But most are."

"No they're- that's not the point," Gio says rolling his eyes. Haha. "Point is, that's the reasoning for all of this. The reason why I blacked out and tore the whole place up."

"Why didn't you call us?"

"Because you guys were on your date."

True.

But if he had called maybe I wouldn't have seen.. him.

"Wait," Ryder places the bag on the floor walking over to us, "Did they call you? Or show up to the house?"

"Called. They keep fucking calling," Gio stands up from the couch pacing around.