Chapter Thirteen

"Kids, everyone, have a seat, Dennis had a big surprise for you the one and only Kakie, the cake monster!" Johnny introduced stepping off the stage as the curtains withdrew.

"Hey kids! It's me Kakie! What a wonderful Kakie day it is, now i have a question who here loves cake?" the costumed person inside, Brandon, asked putting on a voice.

No one replied, except for Blobby blubbering some nonsense.

Kakie laughed it off dancing on the stage as Vlad appeared behind the corner and made Kakie levitate with his powers and spinning the head around.

"Scary huh Denisovich? You feeling anything? Any change?" Dracula asked appearing at his grandson's side, with Valerie shortly following them.

"Is Kakie okay?" Dennis asked genually concerned.

"Kakie will be fine Deni Doughnut" Valerie assured patting his head tenderly.

Then Vlad used his powers to turn Kakie more monstery and spit out cake, Dennis yelped dodging out of the way of a cake and into Dracula's chest.

"I'm scared papa, what's happening to Kakie?" he asked as Kakie turned even more monstery "You don't eat cake, cake eat you!" the monster growled in his face.

"No!" Dennis said taking refuge in Dracula's arms, Dracula frowned before putting a stop to it.

"What just happened man? I'm outta here, none of these parents better review this on Yelp" Brandon said before floating off stage.

"Hey what did you just do? A few more seconds and the kid's fangs would have popped right out" Vlad said going over to his son.

Dracula handed Dennis over to Valerie, who comforted the five year old before turning to his dad "I don't care, it's not worth it!" he yelled.

"What's not worth it?" Mavis asked coming over as well, while Valerie let Dennis down in the background assured he was comforted.

"It was my last attempt to make the boy a vampire so you'd stay" Dracula said turning to Mavis.

"By ruining his favorite thing? How could you do that?" Mavis asked.

"We were desperate" Johnny said walking over as well.

"You were in on this?" Mavis asked turning to her husband.

"Dennis wouldn't have been happy in my town" Johnny defended kneeling to his son and putting his hands on his shoulders.

"Dennis hasn't been there! Johnny, Dennis is not a monster, he likes avocado" Mavis said.

"Cause you don't let him eat anything fun, unlike Valerie" Johnny said.

"What?" Mavis asked turning to her, Valerie glared at Johnny for dragging her into this before facing Mavis.

"Yeah, i've been spoiling him with something new to taste almost every day, have you actually asked him what he likes? What he wants?" Valerie asked her.

"I think Dennis just wants to be normal" Linda added in.

"Can we stop using the word "normal"?" Mavis asked, no one noticed it but Dennis snuck away from them just then.

"Where we live now he's normal" Dracula said jumping in.

"He is who he is, and you can't change him dad" Mavis said.

"Do you even know who he is? You might his mom but do you actually know him?" Valerie said jumping back in.

Mavis went to say something but Valerie continued "Again, have you actually asked him what he likes? What he wants?" she said repeating her questions.