the end.

--

.seven years and thirty-nine days later.

"harry! i was afraid you wouldn't be able to make it!" exclaimed elle, pulling the man into a hug. it had been a bit over seven years since she had seen him; seen any of the other survivors besides blaise from that fateful day. they had cut off ties a while ago, each of them wanting to recover on their own. 

they had wanted to meet up at a small cafe together, to catch up and just be together for a bit. those were the people who had seen them at their lowest points, and they found comfort in each other. 

"hey, mate, what's good?" grinned blaise, embracing him. 

"hey blaise, elle," harry grinned, taking a seat beside the two at the table and peering at them through his spectacles. "how've you two been?"

"well, newly married," elle grinned, showing off her ring. blaise chuckled, shaking his head. 

"she's told everyone we know. twice."

"shut up, you love it."

"that's great, guys. really great." said harry, smiling. "the shrink really paid off, then, yeah?"

"well, we've all tried to recover as best as we could," said elle, her smile faltering. "you?"

"still trying," said harry weakly. "but since voldemort died, it's gotten easier."

"good," blaise nodded. "good. the best thing for any of us to do is just...figure out how to deal with it."

blaise and elle had started dating in seventh year, after having spent the rest of their sixth year together. they had forged a romance through the war, and through the heartbreaks they had each faced, and harry was proud to see that at least they were able to make a happy life for themselves. 

harry had returned to england three years ago so he could go to college. he was studying to become a therapist, and his aunt petunia was supremely proud of him for wanting to help others recover just as someone had helped him. maybe his uncle hated him, but he had support from his aunt and, eventually, his cousin, and that was enough. 

"is hope coming?" elle asked. harry and hope had grown close when harry came back and accidentally walked into her at one of his favorite cafes- which was, ironically, also her favorite, meaning they met up almost every day. 

of course, elle didn't know that, but she assumed he would know if she was coming considering when they had been texting about the meet-up, he mentioned he'd tell hope, causing elle to have a bubbling pot of beautiful ideas of harry and hope's wedding, even though he hadn't exactly stated so. 

"yeah, she said she wanted to bring gifts, though," grinned harry, shaking his head. "i really don't know what she meant by that."

elle and blaise smiled, nodding. harry and hope had completely cut themselves off from the wizarding world, and they were happy, so elle and blaise were happy for them. 

"hey bitches!" exclaimed a voice. hope walked in, carrying a stack of boxes with long, pink hair flowing beside her. she passed the boxes to blaise and elle. "it's been so long, and i heard from someone you guys got married recently, so i went and bought a couple things. late wedding gifts!"

"hi, haz." she kissed the top of harry's head before sitting down between him and elle at the table in the cafe and looking at blaise and elle with a grin on her face. 

"open them!" she said eagerly. they swapped grins and tore into the boxes, revealing a variety of gifts, from candles and perfumes to baby clothes which elle just rolled her eyes at. 

"i mean, all i'm saying is it's never too early," hope grinned, sipping the tea she had ordered as elle revealed the third baby onesie. 

"well what about you two then, huh?" blaise grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at hope and harry, who rolled their eyes. "marriage? children?"

"engaged," smiled hope. elle's jaw fell open as, for the first time, she looked at hope's hand and saw a ring glimmering on her finger. "and, for the record, i proposed."

"go off, bitch!" elle exclaimed, high-fiving the girl. 

they found that, no matter how much time had passed, it would always feel like they had never really left. 

above them somewhere, hermione, ron, and luna were sobbing together, and belle, draco, and pansy simply stood there, rolling their eyes but smiling proudly nonetheless. 

"hear that? she proposed," grinned belle triumphantly. "fucking badass."

"language," said lily, sniffling. the ex-slytherins turned to see lily and james potter sitting on the ground and sobbing while sirius rolled his eyes behind them, a smile on his face. 

"he's getting married!" james sniffled, "my boy!"

"we've known for, like, two months, james-"

"shut up, sirius," sobbed james, "he's so young!"

"he's, like, twenty-three. weren't you guys twenty-one-"

"shut up, sirius," said lily and james together, dabbing at their eyes with handkerchiefs. belle, draco, pansy, and sirius swapped amused looks as their friends cried over the four people who had figured out how to get over what had happened. 

belle had woken up one day and decided that she wanted to marry pansy, even though they were both dead, so she got on one knee and gave pansy one of her rings, and from then on they had decided they were married; this had happened a month into them being dead. they were both sixteen, but as belle pointed out intelligently, they would be sixteen forever. 

ron and hermione had gone through the same, except it had happened two years later, because they hadn't had time to think about love when they were so busy worrying over harry. hermione had proposed, to belle's happiness. 

and luna and draco were too busy pulling pranks and joking around with fabion and gideon prewett to deal with love and dating, unlike their four other friends. 

all ten of them had begun to get over it, or at least deal with what had happened. 

even if they were divided between life and death. 

friendships had been forged and relationships had bloomed. 

everyone was happy- or at least, as much as they could be. 

they would be okay.

.the end.

--
thank you so so much to all the kind people who commented, voted, reached out on pms, or even bothered to open this book. im so grateful that people are actually liking this story i created on pure adrenaline and stress from exams :))

i hope i see you guys on my other books your honor & the girl who turned back time !

love u bye <33