Food and Poison

(POV:Reader)

My eyes fluttered open, Sisu and Boun's giggling was heard, I turned to them and saw them make heart shapes with their hands and laugh. I didn't understand what they meant until I looked down and saw Ray's arms around my waist. I tried to get out of Ray's hold but it only got stronger which caused them to laugh even more. Eventually I got out and I pushed the two of them into the water.

As they climbed back in, Ray woke up and looked confused as to why Sisu and Boun were climbing into the boat soaking wet. I gave him a 'don't ask' look which he got, and moved on. About two seconds later I was pushed into a chair and three bowls were placed onto the table.

-"Three house specials! How spicy would you like it?" Boun asked and showed us his different spice jars, giving us a heart attack when he said one of its names loudly.

I added a fair amount and was about to eat, when my bowl was snatched away. It was Ray, he took it and was inspecting it or something.

-"What are you doing?" I asked and tried taking my bowl back which was close to impossible.

-"I don't fully trust this Boun, and there is no way I'm letting you eat this until I've done thorough inspection," Ray replied, and inspected my bowl of food while I slumped onto the table.

-"What are you doing?" Sisu asked, once she noticed I didn't have my bowl and Ray had two.

-"He's inspecting my food" I replied annoyed.

-"Why?"

-"We don't know him, it could be poisonous" Ray answered and we both gave him an annoyed look.

-"Why would he poison us?"

-"Yeah! Why would I poison you?" Boun asked while putting some dishes away.

-"First, to take Y/n's jade purse, Second, to take my jade purse and Third to kidnap my Y/n and Fourth to kidnap Tuk Tuk"

We all looked at him weirdly which he didn't seem to notice as he was too busy inspecting my bowl.

-"All good points, but if this is poison...Mmm! You're gonna die happy!" Boun said after taking a spoonful of the congee.

-"Yeah, thanks, but we got our own eats" Ray stated proudly as he took the jackfruit jerky, passed me some and struggled to eat his.

-"Yeah...I'll take that 'die happy' than starving" I took my bowl and ate the congee, the flavors were earthy and balanced.

I turned over to Sisu, who was gobbling up the last spoonful's and mumbling 'this is delicious' between bites. That is until she put too much spice in and went on a rampage looking for water.

(A/N):

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Bye!