Chapter 2-Murder

Your Puppy Pad does its chime as it boots up.

"Good morning everyone!"

He's back.

Kitty looks apprehensive in the background, fidgeting with their paws.

"Sorry about that! I went a bit off the rocker there! Hopefully I didn't scare you all too hard!" He giggles while scratching the back of his head.

"Have a nice day!"

...that can only mean one thing.

You all enter into the aquarium, deep blues reflecting off your skin as fish swim around.
There shouldn't be a body in the water.
There couldn't be..

...

But there is.

A dark blue silhouette floats within one of the tanks.
...

Swap sprints over closer. They could still be alive. Valentines's breath hitches behind her, looking at the body anxiously.

Molak clutches his PuppyPad like pearls as he moves closer, bit by bit, as Levi watches from the shadows, looming over everyone to take a better look.

Hatsuho got off earlier, and now she's nervously fidgeting with her hair as they all approach the aquarium.

Nikko's breath hitches as the scent of saltwater becomes further evident. Only one place that could be. She follows behind Hatsuho awkwardly.

...

There, swimming with the fishes...

...is Aspen Mukuguroo, the Ultimate Marine Biologist...

Autopsy Report - The discovered victim is Aspen Mukuguroo, the Ultimate Marine Biologist.  Aspen's body was found in the Aquarium. The time of death was 10:47 PM.

Motive - There is a dangerous, hostile 'creature' roaming the halls during nighttime. This will remain the case until someone is killed.

Aspen's Corpse - Aspen's corpse floats in the large fish tank. Her clothing is soaked, obviously, but there are no obvious external wounds. Her face is preserved in a position of pure terror, and her hand is clamped firmly to the chain around her neck.  

Ripped Net - One of the nets, abandoned on the platform viewing the saltwater tank.  It appears to have a large perforation in the side- jagged, uneven, and extremely large.

Red Object - There's a small flash of red at the bottom of the tank, nestled between the sand and greenery. It's not entirely clear what it is, though, and diving in to get a closer look may prove useless... or deadly, thanks to how deep the tank is.

Fish Tank - A saltwater fish tank that her body floats in. The most obvious thing inside is the cadaver, but there are also several varieties of fish swimming aimlessly. They don't seem to care too horribly about their circumstances.

Missing Wires - The computer lab seems to be missing quite a few cords and knicknacks. It's not clear which ones are missing.

Cables and Wires - All around the tank lay various wires and cables, elaborately wound, and plugged into a wall switch that is currently off. There are numerous exposed points that can be seen. Overall, their purpose isn't entirely clear.

Pillow and Blankets - Propped up against the side wall closest to the front entrance of the Aquarium is a single pillow, and multiple blankets. They've been placed to create a small, cosy nest of sorts.

Valentines and Nikko's Testimony - At around 1 in the morning, They would've heard a dryer running- who could possibly be doing laundry at this hour?

----

But that's not it...

Normally, the woods by the garden are impenetrable. Constantly shifting, like trying to catch your own reflection in a mirror. But today they just seem to be woods, bleak, dark, and eerily silent.

The underbrush seems to clear away into a perfect path, beckoning for you to follow.

You have a feeling you're not searching for notes this time.

...

The sharp scent of iron cuts through the smell of dirt and rotting leaves. The smell is pungent. Hard to miss.
Something silver glints on the ground before you.

However,
It is the shock of purple and yellow that draws your attention.

Soft, patterned fabric bleeds red. If it weren't for the sword sticking out of her middle, you'd almost think she was alive.

 If it weren't for the sword sticking out of her middle, you'd almost think she was alive

Like an eighth note, a message you never wanted to receive, Megumi Ito has been found. Murdered.

Autopsy Report - The victim is Megumi Iro, the Ultimate Quantum Physicist. Her body was found in the woods behind the garden. The cause of death was Blood Loss, and the time of death was 6:37am.

MOTIVE - Same as Aspen

Megumi's Corpse - Megumi's body has been impaled straight through the stomach, keeping her propped up against the tree trunk. Blood also trickles down her temple, and tipping her body forward reveals a wound at the back of her head. Her expression also seems more surprised than terrified, when looking closely.

Scene of Crime - Besides the blood dripping down the tree trunk from behind her body, there are a couple drops of blood on the ground a metre or so away.

Practice Swords -  Used mainly for practice, these swords don't have a sharp edge. Even though they were found at the crime scene, it'd actually be quite hard to injure someone with them using a slashing motion. The handle of the sword that's stabbed into Megumi seems to have had blood on it, but it's now been smudged by what you discern was someone gripping it.

Missing Swords - There are two practice swords missing from the Common room.

Note - There is a handwritten note beside the body that reads 'If I can't have you. No one can.'

[megumi gets a death image because i know exactly what she looks like ]