Chapter 5

Author's POV:

It was their sendoff party organised at a place a little away from the main city...

And unfortunately again Roohi was down as her stomach was upset...

Calls and messages went on disturbing her sleep as her friends cried asking her to come at any cost...

It was 7 pm and Roohi felt better enough to go to the party...

She didn't want to disappoint her friends

She reached the venue...

The party was good...

And it was time for dinner...

And that's when they met...

As Roohi already had a bad stomach she didn't eat saying it's not good to eat oily food so her friends insisted her at least eat the Jamun..

And she hated it...

She was never a sweet person...

She made faces and then they began hooting and asking Meet to feed her at least one...

She began refusing

He walked to her with his plate and was about to shove the spoon into her mouth but then she showed her hand and taking the spoon from his hand she ate a small bite...

She was not in the mood to create a new fuss but her gesture pricked him...

Since then he didn't talk to her...

It was time to leave...

It was already 10 pm...

Roohi asked Vaidehi and others to leave as they had their own vehicles and as compared to hers their accommodations were much far...

Vaidehi sighed as Meet was right there with Roohi and left...

But the moment Vaidehi left Meet just walked away from Roohi and began screaming his friend's name saying 'let's go'

And at that moment she hated him to death...

How can he leave her??

Her heart was pounding badly...

Her heart was flooded with mixed feelings...nervousness...uneasiness..fear...but most of all anger...

She would never forgive him...

Never...

Suhas classmate insisted to accompany her till her father comes

Suhas was talking to her but she could hear his rough voice screaming within a safe distance...

Ok, he is here only...

She said to that small part of her who was all scared...

But Meet's mistake was unforgivable..

She realised that he doesn't respect her and that was something unbearable for her...

Though she was child hearted her self respect was her pride...

She would never allow anyone to play with her self respect...

She thanked Suhas when her father came and that's when Meet left too...

And as decided she distanced herself completely from him...

She was hurt...

Badly...

She would not even sit to have lunch with her friends when he was around...she would straight away walk out if he joined the group talks

Pissed off with her behaviour Meet decided to end the cold war...

"Why are behaving weird Rooh??"

"Ask yourself ??"

"I was there till your father came"

"No you weren't...it was Suhas...you were in a hurry to leave"

They argued a lot on this...

Meet said he was there with her...
Roohi said he wasn't...

"Look Rooh...If you have felt bad I am really sorry but I didn't do anything intentionally...I don't know what rushed into me or what exactly happened at that moment...It just happened"

"Would you have ever done it with any other girl??"

"Obviously not...Do you think I'll ever leave any girl just like on the road at night??"

"Exactly Meet...I am not that any girl na...that's why you left me all alone on the road..and anyhow it's clear to me...I had always been nonexistent to you and I am ok with it"

With that, she broke every tie with him and Meet sighed in extreme defeat after making all his efforts...

Roohi was too stubborn...

Taming her anger was not that easy...

Vaidehi too supported Roohi in this matter and scolded Meet for behaving that way...

She said "You lost the respect I had for you Meet"

*******

It was the end stage of college when everyone was busy with project reports...

One fine day when everyone was so involved in their work in the parking lot and when Meet entered the frame no one noticed him and without bidding him bye they all left...

But there was one person who noticed that change in his face...

He was hurt by the ignorance he received...

She didn't say anything and left...

Once she reached home she called Vaidehi and explained everything and that's when Vaidehi realised what had exactly happened even though she was present right there...

Vaidehi immediately spoke to Meet and later when she called Roohi her words were

"You know him so well Rooh"

Both of them discussed and put a notice type message in their group asking everyone to apologise to Meet...

Everyone did as they said but Meet was still hurt...

Their apology wasn't wholehearted

He said he felt unwanted at that moment

Vaidehi tried her best to prove his words wrong but failed miserably

And then it was only one left who knew how to deal with that idiot...

She knew how it feels to get ignored.. she didn't want anyone to go through it and especially someone close to her...

Rooh messaged him with a small 'Hi' for which he whined like a baby 'Ata tula athavan ali mazi??' (You remembered me now?)

Without beating around the bush she spoke what she was supposed to

She made him realise how important he was...what he meant to all friends and it was just unintentional

After listening to all her words obediently like a kid he asked

"We are still friends right??"

"I don't message strangers"

"Thanks Rooh😊"

But that was the last message of Roohi to the so-called stranger...

She informed Vaidehi and she said "You prove that the right one stays and the wrong one leaves...You are his true friend Rooh...even though he have had hurt you badly you were there for him when he needed you

And I know you'll do the same in future"

"I had only one intention Vaidu...we are leaving the college and at this moment I didn't want anyone to get sad with some bad memories...that's it"

"Why don't you accept Rooh??"

"Vaidu we are leaving the college and parting our ways now"

"But hearts will be connected"