Chapter 2

Author's POV:

With the last words, she shrugged her shoulders and faced her back to him while Vaidehi and Meet exchanged their glances and giving her a "She is impossible look" Meet resumed his work...

Whenever they had an encounter it was always fire Vs ice

She was a fireball always spitting fire on him through her loud mouth...
He was an ice ball always calm and cool letting not her anger ruin his peace

But then when fire and ice meet there's a tremendous energy transfer which results in hot steam...

And this requires a large amount of energy as ice has to pull all the heat from the fire and let the fire cool down to sustain the force of reaction between them...

This cold war of Meet and Roohi continued throughout the semester and it was soon the submission period

But being in the same class and same gang their opinions about each other changed to a positive note...

She is loud but at times she is soft-spoken too
She is not talkative...she just speaks her heart out...
She is not over expressive...she is just a kid at heart sometimes
Her talks seem unnecessary but then they are soothing too...

He is not silent...he just speaks when necessary
He is not rude...he is just an introvert
He is not an attitude guy...instead he is very helpful towards every one...
He is not a new bride...he is just a little shy types...

But then again there was a minor change...

She talks to everyone except him...She doesn't like talking to me...

He asks everyone about the assignments except her...He doesn't consider me as a sincere student...

Both concluded...

As it was the submission period Roohi was waiting outside the HOD cabin along with her friends to get the sign on her manual

And Roohi being the nonstop radio station was talking something to her friends while there was a gang of boys waiting on the other side listening to her babbling and all of sudden Anil the cunning boy of that group almost raised his voice at her "Talk a little lower you girl...we are standing in front of the HOD's cabin at least think once before you talk"

Roohi lost her temper and instantly he fired back at him "I know where I am standing and its none of business to advise me whether I should think once before I talk"

"Don't you dare raise your voice on me" he snapped his finger at her while she took a step forward and doing the same to him she mocked him in a cool yet stern tone "The same rule applies to you as well"

"How dare you say that...I was explaining for your sake" he gritted his teeth

"No need to explain what's good for me...I am capable enough to think for myself" she calmly reacted folding her hands against her chest

"What do you think of yourself??" He almost tried to tower on her while she didn't budge "And who the hell are you ha??...look...you might be the leader of your gang but your arrogance will not be tolerated by me...so better keep your arrogance and advise both with you...did you get that??"

With the last words she raised her brows at him while the other students were watching the drama and meanwhile Meet enters the frame and passing a glare at her he opened the door and that's when the atmosphere was cooled down...

The argument between Anil and Roohi had become a hot topic in the class...

The classes were done and everyone was retiring ....Roohi too was packing her bag while Meet was waiting for the right time to talk...

While Roohi was busy she heard him "Was it necessary to have an argument with him??"

Without having any eye contact with him she replied "He started first"

"But it was you who dragged the issue" she heard him again and this time she passed him a shot "What's your problem??"

"Your unnecessary excess talking habit"

"Look Mee

Before she could spit out fire again he interrupted her "Look Roohi I prefer talking what's important and I know it's your mouth your wish and I am no one to advise you but definitely I would like to put something into your ever hot head and you can't stop me...

Anil and his gang are not so good... gossiping about girls is their hobby and your argument with him just gave them a chance to them to speak shit about you...And now this is the hot topic among all the boys in the class

And I feel no girl should be a piece of any stupid gossip...

If he spoke something wrong you should have controlled your temper... why did you keep arguing with him...why were you wasting your energy on such boys who don't even matter to you...you should have ignored them...

He was trying to provoke you and you gave him all access to do so...are you that dumb...you don't even understand that the person is purposely provoking you...

Now all the boys are having a spicy gossip and laughing behind you...

And not for this particular incident but your loud and talkative mouth has always been a piece of fun for them...

"I don't care what others think about me... especially those stupid boys" she answered back

"Definitely you shouldn't care...I agree with you but Roohi it's a college and here you must consider this point because these gossips somewhere unknowingly can create an image of us that isn't good...small gossips spread into big rumours and when these rumours are reached to professors ears they can eat you raw...

Even on that day, you were pissed off because of the partiality issue...but tell me you shouting and boiling your own blood will help you?? Was it going to give you marks?? Was it going to help you to convince the professor that your answer was right too??

No...Instead, he would have you tortured you at the time of internals

It was just an assignment and that's fine if he gives you less marks...knowledge matters...and you can't go and keep arguing with each and everyone and get frustrated...

And if you keep doing so...you are going to harm yourself and nothing else...

So in some circumstances, you must be careful with whom are you talking and about what too...

Be it a girl or a boy think thrice before you roll your tongue...everyone you talk with isn't your friend and everyone with whom you don't have a word isn't your enemy...

So better shut your big mouth and keep your small eyes open"

He said it one go while she stood frozen to the floor counting the words that Mr Silent Killer had ever spoken to her

Vaidehi nudged her arm asking her to say something and before she could open her mouth he took the charge again "I am sorry if my words hurt you in any way...and as I said I definitely don't want the one to be a part of nonsensical gossip whom I know" and without waiting for her reply within seconds he just walked past her

But then immediately her voice stopped him "Meet"

He twirled at her and pressing her lips into a small smile she mumbled "Thank You"

For which he smiled back saying "nako mhanu" (Don't say in Marathi)

So...

In simple words, it was a battle between the heat released by the fire and the ice's capacity to absorb the heat...

Let's see how the anger released by the fireball Roohi will be absorbed by calm and cool Meet