♮ 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖚𝖙 ♮

- "I'm genderfluid" 

Voiced Margo on a rainy afternoon. 

- "I would appreciate if you used they/them pronouns when referring to me and I'll specify if I wanna be referred otherwise when we're together" , although their serious tone was still present , some anxiety came along as well. 

At the time , my small conservative Korean neurons were extremely confused as to what they had meant by 'genderfluid'. I knew as far as to understand the concept of 'gay' but never figured 'gender' to be such a fluid and changeable thing as I do now. 

- "Sure Marggs , glad you could share this with us" , Matt went in for a hug but Margo dodged his arms at a speed I had never witnessed before. 

Not that Margo wasn't an affectionate person , they enjoyed hugs and other physical ways to demonstrate endearment a lot more than Matt in reality. They just chose the people with whom they desired to manifest these warm gestures with. 

And in our band , that person had been Emory since day one. 

That day as well , he closed the gap between them and held Margo for at least a minute straight after their courageous announcement. Margo even tightening it as Matt's astonished facial expression made me chuckle. 

However , as much as I was content to see Margo smile , I still had no clue what their label actually meant. 

- "Umm.. what does genderfluid mean ?" , I quietly pronounced , only a sparsely ashamed of my question. 

Margo reassured that it was okay not to know then explain to me the ins and outs of their gender identity , following the amount of visible confusion on my face as to adjust the pace and vocabulary for their clarification which greatly facilitated the task of understanding such a new and , quite honestly , strange concept for me. 

- "What pronouns do you want us to use right now ?" , Emory questioned as we were cleaning up the studio in order to attend a bar not far from campus. 

- "She/her are fine , thanks" 

- "Emory , come with me please" , Matt suddenly spoke up with a truly surprising tone. He sounded almost....angry ? 

Emory followed Matt out the studio as Margo and I looked at each other confused. 

- "Did he do something wrong ?" , I asked , whispering. 

- "I don't know but they better settle it quick cause I want a beer , and fast" , the pianist answered. 

My heartbeats accelerated as worry came over me. 

'Emerald eyes , what did you do ?'...