Spark 12

Bea was doing her drills in one corner of the BEG before her teammates came in. She didn't feel like being out, so she just decided to go to training early and hide in here.

"Hey.." She heard someone speak behind her, causing her to miss the ball she just spiked on the wall, hitting her injured hand.

"Ow... Sheesssh" she hissed as she jumped around clutching her hand.

"Let me see that"

"Maddie, it's ok" Bea tried to protest but Maddie was already checking her hand. Seeing bleeding marks, she tried to remove the tapes that Bea clumsily placed over it.

"You're bleeding, what happened?"

"I just accidentally hit it earlier"

"Uh-hum" Maddie nodded her head as she continued to inspect Bea's hand.

"Did you by any chance hit something 'accidentally' with a close fist, head on, and with full force?" She looked up at Bea, one eyebrow raised, obviously doubting Bea's claims, noting the bruises on her knuckles.

"Well, let's just say that the something did not do anything to avoid me" Bea snickered, causing Maddie to hit her on the arm.

"Ouchhh" Bea said while laughing.

"You can't go on hitting people Bei!"

"I wish I hit the person, unfortunately it was just a poor tree" Bea continued laughing.

Maddie grabbed her hand and pressed it slightly, causing Bea to grimace in pain. "Awwwwwwww" she reacted, seriously this time.

"Ok, that should teach you to stop being violent and take care of yourself." Maddie berated her.

"Ok yes... Mom!" Bea stuck out her tounge and ran away.

"Come back here, we need to fix your bandage" Maddie ran after her.

They were running around the gym, laughing boisterously. When Maddie caught Bea, she jumped on her back and Bea ran with Maddie on piggyback.

"Bang"

They stopped when they heard a loud bang and that's when they realized that they were no longer alone in the BEG. Bea put Maddie gently down as they walked to the middle of the court.

"WOW!" Mich, Kim, and Ana stood up and gave a slow cap as if watching an orchestra

"Way to go Ji, I didn't know you had it in you" Mich exclaimed as Jia went up for another spike

Bang!

"Dang! Someone's mad!" Kim laughed and they exchanged high fives.

Jia ignored them as she continued dribbling the ball, game face on. She then looked to the sidelines and stared at Bea, who stared back at her. Jia held the ball and rolled her eyes at Bea before tossing the ball for a jump serve.

Bang!

"What's up with her?" Maddie whispered to Bea, but she quickly took a step back when Jia snapped around and glared at the 2 of them, "wooooh, scary" Maddie said from under her breath.

The whole time, Bea was just standing tall, arms squared on her hips, and taking on the staredown challenge.

Jia was the first to break eye contact, as she turned around and loudly slammed the ball against the floor, sending it flying towards the bleachers.

"Jia, enough!" Everyone froze when they heard Alyssa speak up. "Don't let your anger out like that or you'll hurt yourself"

Jia closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, steadying herself. "sorry ate Ly"

Ly approached her and touched her shoulders, "whatever it is Ji, you have your teammates here for you" and Jia nodded her head and forced a smile.

"Ok everyone, warm up now" Ly called out to the rest of the team.

"Ate Ly, I think Bea needs to sit out today. Her finger is bleeding again" Maddie called Ly's attention.

"No, I'm good, I can manage" Bea tried to stop Maddie.

"Bea, don't force it ok" Maddie held Bea's hand as she tried to check her bandages again.

"Well, it's not like we have to cancel practice coz she can't play right?!" Jia remarked sarcastically to herself.

"Jia, I heard that.." Ly warned her.

"Ok Maddie, you'll be starting 6 today. Bea, just sit out to study the plays".

---------
Maddie was gasping and out of breath. Jia has been giving her every ball and every play and she was too tired, but she can't complain.

She watched as Denden received the ball, and she was right, Jia signalled another B-quick for her. She was just too tired as she felt herself cramping and she couldn't jump high enough, but she still tried. Hitting the ball, Maddie fell to the ground, in pain, huffing and puffing for oxygen.

Maddie was subbed out and she took a seat beside Bea.

"She hates me" she said as she leaned her head on Bea's shoulder for support.

"Who?"

"Jia"

"No she doesn't. And anyway, why would she?"

"I saw the way she looked at us..."

"Madz, you're just tired. You're imagining things" Bea laughed as she turned her head to kiss the top of Maddie's head.

Returning her focus to the game, she saw as Jia threw a glance at her and gave her a cold stare.

Bea glared back at her, but she was distracted when Maddie hooked their arms together.

"I think she's jealous Bei"

"Impossible" Bea replied as she caressed Maddie's cheeks.

Everyone was startled when Jia went for a running attack. Bang!

"No, she can't be..." Bea thought to herself as she shook her head to erase her thoughts.