Chapter 1

'Oh, why am I doing this again?'

Naruto walked down the hall carrying a small bottle in a bit of a daze. He replayed the entire morning in his head, thinking how he got in his current situation. Now what was going on that was making his life difficult at the moment? Oh yeah. The most important day to the students, mainly the females, was coming up. Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day was the day that was made for only one guy: Uchiha Sasuke. Not that Naruto hated him. No, Sasuke was his best friend, as odd as it may seem. But it frustrated him every year to find the raven with all the attention of the girls and his locker always filled with gifts and letters about how all of them loved and adored him. Only once did Naruto get a Valentine's letter in his locker, but the handwriting was so messy and the person didn't sign it. So, it was either a very shy girl (which he thought was unlikely) or some guys playing a prank on him.

But that was old news for Naruto and he was over that (until he sees Sasuke's pile) but one thing still bugged him. Every year he would throw out the presents and cards and just carry on through the day as if nothing happened. Whenever Naruto would ask why, he would simply say:

"Because I'm waiting for that one person to give me that present that I can't refuse."

Whenever he said that, Naruto would give him a confused look and he would continue with:

"You'll understand....eventually. Or at least I pray you do, Dobe."

Oh, how the Guessing Game killed Naruto. Was he talking in that general term as if to say "The One" as for that person he hopes to meet in the future? The blonde could have sworn that he already had someone in mind, but whom? Was it someone he knew? God, he would always hate not having Shikamaru's brainpower at times like these.

But that's not the point. The point is what he was doing now. The bottle was for Sasuke, and the present itself was from Sakura. Every year, a week before Valentine's, the girls would always try to bribe the boys, er, I mean Sasuke since he's the only one who gets the attention, with other presents and on that day, they would hand him the card and chocolate and hope he would accept it. To their dismay, he would always turn the girls down, so they would only try harder.

That morning, when both boys made their way to school, the Uchiha opened his locker to find the usual stack of confessional letters of girls. He only gave a sigh and threw them out before getting his books and waited for Naruto who only gave a sheepish grin. They knew that these were only the small fry and the more aggressive girls would soon make their move. And sure enough, Persistent #1 showed up: Ino.

"Good morning, Sasuke-kun!~" she said with a huge smile on her face.

She gave a quick glare to the other blonde signaling him to vanish, but he only stood waiting for the usual routine: Confess, ask, turn down, move on. Even though this always happened, the girls never seemed to get the hint.

"You know Valentine's Day is coming up, right?"

She wiggled a bit and squeezed her arms together, a way for her to press her chest and extend her breast out more. Just a way to show her sex appeal, which sickened Naruto a bit. He wasn't sure if it was why she was doing it, or for whom she was doing it for. Anyway, Sasuke didn't give her a nod or any noise, but a blank stare to continue, which she gladly did.

"Well....I wanted to let you know that I love you, have loved you, and always will..." No response. "And so I wanted to give you~...this!"

She reached around the corner to pull out a large Uchiha symbol (the symbol of his family from older times) made of red and white roses. Because her family owned the floral shop, she was very skilled and wise when it came to flowers, so it was no surprise when she gave a present to him that was made of flowers. Again. For the fifth year in a row. The blonde girl beamed at him and awaited his response. Sasuke gave a long sigh as the whole thing started.