Author's Note

When I was growing up, I had always been interested in vampires. I watched and read things that had vampires in them, I pretended I was a vampire, and I came up with stories about vampires. But this story was an extra special story, where I really let my creativity take control. I came up with the book in June 2021 and finished it in February of 2022. When I first came up with it, it was originally going to be very simple, but when I started writing it, I wanted to add so much more to it. I talked about it to my friends, and they all helped me come up with so many things to help this story become more interesting and inspiring. One of the most special characters was Jack Thomas, who is my personal favorite. It took me a while to come up with him, because originally, he was going to be a little old man that worried too much and was often scared. But as I started writing, he became the character he is today. He resembles one of my old imaginary friends that I had when I was very young, and I wanted to bring back that imaginary friend in a very interesting way. So, I made Jack. Prince Vincent is also a very special character, as he represents me. I gave him some of the mental problems that I have as well: social anxiety, anxiety, and ADHD. I also tried my best to give him a personality quite like mine, so when you think of Vincent, just know that someone out there is just like him. Just like vampires, I've always been interested in fantasy in general. I have many favorite mythical creatures, for example: centaurs. I tried my best to make the kingdom of Grovesouth as interesting as I could. I don't know how I managed to get so attached to this story, but in the end, I did. There will be a sequel to this book about Vincent and Charlotte's future son, but I can't tell you what it'll be about. You'll have to wait for that. I'd like to thank many people for being inspirations for this book: My best friends Jo and Aleeyah, my grandmother, my therapist, and my 8th grade ELA teachers, Ms. Chandler and Ms. Perez. The two of them helped me become a better writer and helped me with finishing this book, and they had no idea. I will never forget those two teachers. I hope you've enjoyed reading my book, as it took exactly 8 months and 1 week to write. Thank you so much for taking your time to read this story. This is only the beginning of the series, so be patient, as there is more to come.

Note: This is sort of the draft for the book—it is currently being rewritten as of March 6th, 2022.
My plans for the rewritten version: Will try to make it longer, more descriptive, more to Charlotte and Vincent's love story, more to Joel's storyline, and a lot more dialogue and storyline to Queen Jane and Axel.
If you'd like to read the rewritten version (when it's finished), I do not plan to put it on Wattpad. But the rest of the books in this series will hopefully be on Wattpad.
Also, please be aware that I am still very young and am not the best at writing. I'm still learning a lot, so I apologize if this story wasn't as good as you expected. The rewritten version will be a lot better. If you would like to message me personally about something in the story, please message me on Tiktok, Snapchat, Instagram or Discord. I accept all friend requests on Discord and Snapchat. If you'd like to message me on Tiktok instead, please comment on a post of mine telling me. Again, thank you for taking your time to read this story.