Prologue

Prince Vincent Whitlock was one of the two princes of the kingdom known as Grovesouth. He was a vampire, as well as his entire family and everyone in his kingdom. His parents, King Ethan and Queen Jane, ruled over the kingdom. His brother, Prince Joel, was older than him by 4 years and was the first prince until Vincent was born in 1835. In this world, many faraway kingdoms are either populated by just vampires or just humans. Vincent's parents never wanted to have Vincent, so they got one of the butlers who's name was Jack Thomas to raise Vincent. This caused Vincent and Jack to have an unbreakable bond, and they saw each other as father and son. Vincent's whole family always had an unnecessary hatred towards him, which caused him to be very sensitive for his age. For years, it had been forbidden for a vampire to fall in love with a human. Princess Charlotte Verlice was a human born in the kingdom of Rylin Valley in 1836. Her father passed away soon after she was born, so her mother, Queen Lola, was the only one who ruled over Rylin Valley. When she was 14, she gained a bodyguard who was a Russian man named Axel Chambers. In this story, Vincent is 21 years old while Charlotte is 20 years old in the year 1856. Since vampires burn in the sun, they are nocturnal in this story, meaning they sleep during the day and are awake at night. The kingdom of Grovesouth is set on an island near Europe, as well as Rylin Valley. Every character, except for Axel, is British. Axel is Russian, but knows fluent English.

(Warning: This story contains death, suicide, and mention of blood.)