#7

He led me to what it seems like his study. He probably is a wealthy man because of all the paper works on top of his wooden desk where he sat in his swivel chair behind. There are lots of papers everywhere, there is also a floor to ceiling shelf that contains a lot of books. At the wall behind him there is a huge map, I guess it is the map of this town which I notice is far different from where we were originally located. Could it be that we are in a different town?

"Please have a sit so we could start with your questions." he then point me to the sofa set at the left side of his office where there are big windows for the view outside.

"Where am I?"

"You're in my territory, Lina. This is the Midnight Crescent pack's territory." he said as he point as if presenting the map behind him. But where the hell is this whatever pack territory is? What place is this? But there are other questions I needed to prioritize.

"And my husband? Where is he? Is he okay?" I noticed the clenching of his jaw when I asked about my husband. I just wanted to know what happened to him, if he's here or what. I want to make sure we're safe from him.

"Don't worry about him. He's far away from here. He can't hurt you here. I will protect you no matter what."

"Thank you." is all I can say but deep inside, I am swaying. There is something in his words that I trust. Its like I will be forever safe as long as I  with him. However, I know his help is temporary and we might need to go and find some place to settle in.

"Again, I really appreciate you helping me and my daughters. Don't worry, once I am completely healed, we will be on our way." I politely said.

"Oh no, honey. You'll be staying here with me." he stood and slowly walks towards me then whispered in my ear making goosebumps travel all over me, "Actually you'll be staying here, right beside me, forever."

I don't know what  was happening to me but all I want to do was grab and kiss him but I mentally shook myself.

"And who do you think you are to imprison me beside you?" I was suppose to say it out of panic but it turned out like it was filled with desire.

"Oh Lina, don't do that. You don't know how much I am trying to stop myself from taking you since the day I knew you're mine."

"What do you mean?"

"You're my soulmate. The other half of me." he said a matter of factly.

"How in the world would you know who your soulmate is? Its just a myth, a make believe story for teenagers to believe in true love and besides, I am already married and I have kids." I roll my eyes at how ridiculous his idea of me being his soulmate is.

"You see, to humans it is a make believe story but for us werewolves, it is not."

I burst out laughing. What the hell is he talking about. Werewolves? Where am I,  in a fantasy book? But as I look at him, I can see that he isn't lying.

"You're joking, right?"

"No. I am a werewolf." as he said those words his eyes turned black then golden yellow, his canines elongating and talons are protruding from his fingers.

Fear enveloped me and I slowly backed away not taking my eyes of him. Only one word prevailed in my mind, MONSTER!

I quickly opened the door and went out. I immediately looked for my children and led them out of that huge house. I don't know where we are going but there is only one thing on my mind and that is to run far away from that monster.

There was a pain pulling at my heart it seemed wrong to run away from him but I had to think about the welfare of my children. I don’t know what that monster is planning on doing unto us. There is only one thing I need to make sure of and that is that we get away from here safely.