Seven

***!!!!!!!!!!TRIGGER WARNING - SELF HARM!!!!!!!!!!***

"Alex I think she is waking up." Lucy's voice brought me back into consciousness.

My eyes fluttered open, somewhat disappointed that I had been taken from my peace of mind back into the harsh reality of my life. Maybe I had deserved to die, but then again, that would be an escape from the tortuous pain to come. The bright lights from the room combined with the yellow sun radiation lamps glaring at full blast made my eyes burn. I had to blink a couple times to adjust.

"Kara, you there?", Alex whispered softly, leaning down over my body, scanning for anything she could find wrong with me. I don't know if it was the grogginess from being revived or a sedative that they had injected me with, but I felt the best I had felt in days, physically at least. I slightly nodded, not wanting to talk much. Both Lucy and Alex smiled knowing that I was... well, not dead.

I was so drugged up I hadn't realized Lucy was stroking my hair, playing with it between her fingers. I glanced up at her hoping to lock stares. Instead of looking down at me, she had been staring at Alex probably explaining something extremely important about my condition, but I wouldn't have known. I didn't hear a single word she had said. I had been hypnotized by Lucy's soft hands mindlessly  wrapping my blond hair around her fingers, twirling it into little curls. Alex must have said something major though because Lucy got up out of her seat and bent down to give me an awkward hug, with me laying flat on a bed unable to move and her leaning sideways. "I will be back soon.", she whispered. Alex opened the door for Lucy and shut it behind her as she exited my blank white room. 

Once Lucy had left, I snapped back into reality. Instead of her mesmerizing movements, all I could focus on was the pain breaking through the protection of the medications I had received. Although I grunted in pain, Alex spoke over me, about to burst in tears.

"Kara.... this isn't looking good. You literally died a moment ago. The effects of the kryptonite are far beyond anything we have ever seen. It seems as if you body is deteriorating quicker than it can repair itself, which is causing you to continually get weaker and eventually ending in...." Alex broke down for a second but pulled herself back together. "The scans came up kryptonite free but there must be trace amounts that are undetectable still affecting you. Since we haven't seen anything near this before, we have no idea of how to trea-"

I cut her off, my voice frail sounding as it barely made a sound. "Call Lena." Even saying her name made me shiver. 

Alex angrily shouted back, "No! I am not going to call that bitch that did this to you. Do you really trust her Kara? After all that has happened?"

"Call Lena", I whispered as my eyes shut . "If you want me to live, call her." Lena saving me would   purely be for Alex's sake, not mine. I didn't care if I lived or died, I just knew that I deserved to suffer. 

I shivered as I maintained a fetal position on the icy floor of the Fortress of Solitude, my eyes once swollen shut from tears but now too dry to cry. My breaths were drawn out, taking in as much air as possible incase it would be my last. Shaking, I turned my arm over to check the coloration of my veins, to no surprise they were a neon green battery acid color. My kryptonite affected blood was bright enough to light the fortress at night when it all became a pitch black blur. The same effect occurred all over my body from head to toe, each area searing with each heartbeat, each slight bodily movement. The loneliness became tiresome and I couldn't take it much longer. 

Lena wasn't going to forgive me and save my life, let alone even care that I was still locked in her cage. I had to stop this pain once and for all. I had to end it myself. I rotated around my tiny cell until I found a kryptonite laced ice chunk, sharp enough to cut flesh. I knew exactly what I needed to do. I gripped the piece of ice and pressed it against my wrist, slicing a gash. Blood gushed out of  my wrist and onto the floor as I lost consciousness. 

My eyes opened and I looked around, curious how I was still alive. I peeked down at my wrist to see that it had been bandaged cleanly. The floor had been wiped clean of any trace of blood. Lena must have sent someone to keep me alive. She wanted me to live in agony. 

Alex was the first person I saw leaning over me. Next to her was Lucy and J'onn. The scenery was different. The room was grey toned and metallic with all of its machinery and medical tools. "Where am I Alex?"

"We're in Lena's lab." 

This will probably be the last update ever for this story. I had this unfinished in the drafts and I know I haven't written much on this for months. I am sorry if you enjoyed this story, my heart just isn't in it anymore. I would rather write something that I am proud of and enjoy than something created for the sake of continuing an unfinished story. I hope that you are understanding. Thank you so much for reading this fan fiction! I have loved seeing all of ya'lls positivity in the comments and appreciate your support throughout this writing journey.

And if you liked this story or my writing, I am currently writing an MCU fan fiction starring Peter Parker, Kate Bishop, and Yelena Belova and it is called Roommates. I hope you guys check it out and would love seeing you there too. 

<3