Three

Alex being sure to make slow movements, my wheel chair rolled into the room filled with people I know and love. My fake smile turned real for a moment before merging into a frown and back into the artificial smile I had created so that Alex and the gang wouldn't worry. The room was silent. Not knowing whether everyone was speechless about seeing me alive or just unsure of what to say or just taking in the sorry sight of their friend, I stared out in silence, my eyes scanning the room for familiar faces. At once, everyone began to talk, completely disregarding what Alex had asked of them before. Each of their voices were ones that I missed and never thought I would ever see again. Suddenly I began to gasp for air. Looking up and around once more, the walls and ceiling were inching towards me. My heart sped up and felt as if it dropped to my stomach. The noises in the room amplified into my ears, sending piercing pain into my head. I screeched in pain. I tried to cover my ears to battle the noise, but my limp body wasn't listening to my brain.  My x ray vision allowed me to see everyones terrified faces along with their quickly beating hearts, making me go into even more of a panic. I screamed again, but this time sending a wave of shock through out the room. 

"K-kara? Ar-are yo-", Alex tried to comfort me but I really couldn't focus on what she was saying before she was cut off. The world got slow through my eyes, my body involuntarily shaking at super speed, most likely leaving the appearance of a blur to the rest of the room. I had no control, I was vulnerable, people are going to get hurt and this is all my fault. 

In my super speed seizure, I watched the figure of Alex rush by me in slow motion, her bones and  organs visible. My condition was worsening and I couldn't breathe. My throat was burning from the wailing, my chest tight. I coughed, yearning to an inhale the oxygen I needed. Then my eyes started to burn from behind them, but not in the painful way I feel everything else in the situation. It was a familiar burn. I was slightly reassured by that thought but then terrified. Unable to make out a full sentence I gasped and released my final bit of air, "...ge..t...a..a..way." Still quickly shaking, my eyes shot out two beams of lasers that engraved in every single thing they touched. I tried to stop but found myself completely and utterly helpless. They continued to burn through everything as the pain increased, my senses heightening even more. 

I felt a strong jab in the back side of neck, then the press of a syringe. The liquid made its way through my blood. The heat vision stopped and the shaking followed. My eyes calmed, going back to normal and the blaring noise finally went away. I titled my head up to see a room still filled with terrified people and then to the side to see my sister. I looked up towards Alex, my eyes blinking slowly before shutting heavily. I felt myself drift off, glad that nightmare was finally over, not for myself, but for my family. 

(1 day later)

Succumbing to the light, I open my eyes to the sunlight emitters lined around my bed. My body still aching and unable to move for the most part, I just turn my head to see a very happy Alex and Nia. Visibly they were talking but I wasn't really processing what they were saying. I just stared at them in an attempt to understand. The ringing and fogginess in my hearing diminished and their voices faded into existence. Grunting and squinting my eyes at the sound of them murmuring to each other about me, they stopped and just smiled, their eyes staring at my weakened body.

"H-hey guys, how long was-was I out?", I whispered, my throat and chest pained by the movement.

"Around 24 hours Kara. How are you feeling now?", Nia said, seemingly excited to see me awake and in front of her, her eyes wide and full of compassion.

"Tired and in pain.", I mumbled.

"We are just really glad to have you back Kar."

"We really missed you while you were in the fortress-". The moment Nia brought it up, I was brought back to the very place that caused all of this.