Five

I opened my eyes to see the cold and icy environment of the Fortress of Solitude. A familiar pain came over me, the burning sensation of acid being thrown on your skin and coursing through your veins, searing my insides. My head was pounding. I reached my hand up to my face only to bring it back down covered in my own blood. The gash was pretty wide on the right side of my forehead, gushing out blood. My vision blurred. 

"Alex! Alex where are you? Alex please!" I begged for my sister that I had just seen but she wasn't there. She had left me like I knew she would, like everyone in my life would eventually.

"She won't be coming for you."

I turned my head too quickly making my eyesight go black before returning to normal. Lena stood outside of my green glowing icy prison, anger in her eyes. Her hands were placed on her hips seemingly enjoying my misery, her rightful revenge. She stared down at my horrified face and laughed. "Wh-what is hap-penning?"

"You know, Supergirl, I thought you would be stronger, put up more of a fight, but I was wrong. You are pathetic. I imagined my revenge as a fantasy before I realized how easy it would be to hurt you, to destroy you."

"I...I.", I muttered. Unable to make out a sentence I watched her slowly walk closer to me in almost a taunting way.

"It would be so easy to kill you right now that it almost wouldn't be satisfying."

"Lena", I breathed heavily, "This isn't you. You aren't your bro-"

"I know, I am nothing like him. See the difference is, he wasn't able to kill a super."

"Please Lena, don't do this." I crawled to the back of my tiny cage and pressed my back against the kryptonite laced walls, burning my flesh. I gasped at the pain and then began to sob. "please."

"Oh look, now your scared. The almighty Supergirl cowering before a Luthor, a sight no one would have ever imagined. You think your little pity party cry fest is going to change anything? you must be stupider than I thought." She was so close that her breath was visible on the glass like ice that was imprisoning me. I trembled. My imminent shaking caused her to laugh. "Oh my god you really are pathetic." She clicked a button that lifted the ice crystal, but due to the lack of sunlight I was just as strong without the kryptonite as I was surrounded by it. I tried to stand but collapsed under my own weight. I was weak, too weak to get out of this one. I dragged myself backwards on the floor in the opposite direction Lena was closing in on me. She continued to laugh and moved closer slowly so she could saver this moment of power.

"I found the perfect tool to accomplish what I came here for, and by the looks of it, it seems like you and the weapon have some history." Lena reached behind her back and pulled out a long blade that emitted green. Immediately, I knew it was the same blade that killed Astra, my own family. "On my last mission 'assisting' the DEO, I grabbed this out of storage, just for you. I knew how much you would enjoy it."

"Lena please.....please just think about this. You don't really want to do this to me." The air now filled with kryptonite and my panic made it hard to breathe. Lena sped up and grabbed me by the collar of my red and blue suit, picking me up off the ground, suffocating me a bit more. "I've been waiting to do this for a long time." She smiled and slammed me into the ground. My now more susceptible body ached from the impact. Unsatisfied with my 'small' reaction she grabbed me, picked me up higher and threw me back down once more, this time indenting the solid concrete like ice. The fall knocked the wind out of me and my vision blurred. I gasped for air. She picked me up one last time but instead of knocking me down, she placed the kyrponite knife onto my throat, pressing it in slightly, enough to where it drew blood but didn't cause fatal damage. "Any last words Supergirl?"