Prologue

Bellamy:

The end of a precious life; gone too soon. A generous life stolen from many.

She left me for good, she left me for life. She left me to put up a fight.

Tears streamed down her brown cheeks as she watched her mothers casket being lowered down into the ground, six feet under, next to where her father has rested for five years.

She was taken too soon, they both were. Her mom was thirty-eight, and her dad was thirty-nine when he passed. She feels as if the world has let her down once again.

Family and friends come around and pat her on the back sharing their sorrows and condolences for her loss, but she doesn't feel its sincere. After the burial their going to go home and act as if nothing happened at all while she is the one hurting the most, grieving over her dead parents. As everyone gets up to leave, her Aunt and Uncle stand behind her and put a hand onto each of her shoulder.

"Spend some time with your parents Bellamy, alright? Get the closure you need before we take off." the Aunt chokes out looking at her sister-in-laws casket. Bellamy nods without a word and slowly rises from her seat, walking over to their grave sites.

As words are about to start flooding out of her mouth a wave of tears erupts from her body and she breaks down. Her Unle rushes to her side and takes her into his arms.

"Why did they have to go so soon?" she screams out in paim. Loud wails escape past her lips and her cries are so loud, they could be heard from miles away. "I thought God was supposed to protect his people and keep them safe? Why did he let them go so soon?" her uncle holds her tighter against his chest and rubs her back.

"Bell, I know your upset and hurting and I know this is hard for you, so hard, but you cannot doubt God's plans and works. He did this for a reason, everything he faces people with is for a reason, alright? He wouldn't make anyone face a problem if he knew that they couldn't handle it. In the moment I know that it doesn't seem like it but this will make you stronger and you have to believe that." her crying becomes shallower and she is able to take deeps breathes in attempt to calm her nerves.

"I can't handle it. My parents died within five years of one another, on the same day to make matters worse. Our house burned down last year, mum lost her job, my dog died of cancer a few months ago Uncle. Why is God putting me through so much pain and grief right now when I'm so low?"

"Because he has a miracle in store for you. He has something so great in store for you and he is testing your faith to see if you'll still walk with him so that he'll be able to present you with his miracle." She nods in understanding, she gets the concept but still wonders why she was the targeted one.

As a child she had always told her parents she wanted a brother or sister, that she didn't want to be the only child. She wanted someone she could look after and love but her parents told her that they wouldn't have time for another child. And now she'll never get that, she'll always be the only child and she'll always be Bellamy Jones, the daughter of the two deceased ministers.

Sitting on the dirt in front of her parents gravesite was giving her awful thoughts and she knew it wasn't healthy for her to stay. After all the funeral ended two hours ago and she's still sat in front of her parents, holding her knees to her chest talking to them. Telling them she's going to be okay, telling them she's going to make them proud and and follow all her aspirations that they knew of.

"Bellamy, you haven't eaten anything all day. Come into the fellowship hall and eat with the rest of your family. I drop two of  the three white roses on each of the sites, kiss their stones and rise to my feet.

"Until the next life Mama and Daddy. I know you'll always be watching over me and keeping me safe. I promise to make you proud and I love you both." The rain begins to fall down hard as she turns her back on her parents. A black umbrella is opened above her head as she walks across the muddy yard with the assistance of her uncle.

Guest turn their heads while Bellamy watches as they eye her in disgust but change their faces once they see she's looking at them. They're all pitying her and she absolutely hates it.

"For all of those literally just here for the food, who are pitying me and honestly couldn't give a fuck about my parents death can just get up and leave right now you are not welcomed."

"Bellamy!" My aunt grips my arm and pulls me out of the room, but before we're out I see people stand up with their children and purses. "Fake ass hoes."

"Bellamy I understand you're hurting because your parents are gone but we are in a church right now and that gives you no reason to curse and go off on guest who took time out of their day to come here for moral support. So whatever is happening you better suck that up quick fast and in a hurry. I don't care that youre seventeen or you think you're grown, you will respect the house of the Lord and those people in there. Understood?" She steps back and rolls her eyes.

"Sure."

***
Fuck it, New book alert.

please comment feedback as I want to be more active with you all!

Let's see how long I can keep this up.