Chapter 6

LOST – CHAPTER 6

Clarke couldn't help but gasp at the knowledge. "What?" She asked, her voice dry. "Lexa didn't avenge Costia's death? I thought your tradition would..."

Indra ignored the interruption and continued. "The Ice nation agreed to join the coalition soon after Costia's death. One of the many clauses of the coalition is that the blood of the people of one clan is forbidden to the others. All the claims for blood before the coalition are to hold no significance after the formation of the coalition. "

Clarke stared at Indra, speechless. For once, Indra thought happily.

"You should leave now, Sky girl. The Ice Queen will be here soon." Indra said dismissively.

"They agreed to the coalition after Costia's death because they never thought that the Commander would agree." Clarke whispered, after her mind finally processed the information.

Indra nodded in confirmation.

"They underestimated the Commander. Lexa proved her commandership to everyone after she accepted the Ice clan in the coalition. Most of the clans agreed to join in the coalition soon after that and heda was shown hardly any resistance." Indra recalled proudly. Clarke just nodded her head in response. Silence followed them.

"You really should depart to your people now, Sky girl." Indra again spoke, breaking the silence.

"You want me to leave?"

"Does that come to you as a surprise? I think I was quite clear from the first day about what I want." Indra said wryly.

"Sucks to be you then, because I am staying." Clarke turned around to leave but Indra grabbed her arm and pulled, pivoting Clarke back to her place. Clarke looked at Indra, surprised and offended at the action.

"The Commander will not want you here, Clarke. She asked you to leave." Indra hissed.

"We both know that the Commander needs me to be there with her. She will not be able to handle this."

"You dare insult the Commander? Call her weak? She does not require your assistance, Sky girl! She is capable of fighting her demons alone." Indra had brought her dagger up, pointing at Clarke's throat.

"Stop with the empty threats, Indra. You know I am right. Otherwise, I wouldn't be standing here; you would've dumped me on some horse and kicked its ass. You wouldn't have told me about your history with the Ice nation if it wasn't important for me to know about it. It wasn't just to shut me up. You know Lexa will not be able to handle this torment. Tell me Indra, would you want to honor the one who murdered your love or have their head? Especially if they were standing right in front of you?"

Indra remained impassive but her eyes flashed some emotion. Maybe reminiscing the past, Clarke was not sure, as she couldn't read her as well as Lexa, but she knew she was moving in the right direction.

"She needs both of us, Indra. She needs your protection externally and mine internally. So please, let me stay and help."

"The Commander will not let you stay here once the Ice Queen arrives." Indra spoke in a resigned voice.

"Like hell, she won't. I am staying here. I cannot let your Commander break the coalition that has brought peace into this land because of her thirst of her past revenge."

Indra studied the girl in front of her intensely and at last gave her verdict. "Do what you have to do, Sky girl. I will not stop you as long as you don't hurt the Commander but if you as much as think about it, you will pay with your life. And I do not give empty threats. Make sure you don't make me prove it to you."