Chapter 25

Mature content 

"Are you ready?"

"I don't think I ever would be but I just want this to be over. I have better things to worry about."

"Fair enough."

Allison leaned against the storage garage door adjacent to Derek, kneeling to unlock it. Scott on edge, half covering Lydia in front of the door while Stiles had his bat ready to swing at any surprises behind them. Isaac, Boyd and Erica were told to keep close - not to prevent anyone seeing - but to stop anyone or thing escaping.

The padlock clicked and Derek heaved the door upwards, Allison's bow and arrows arched, aiming into darkness at first but light flooded the room.

Stiles whipped around, shit.

Of all scenarios Stiles had thought the...witch...would be in...this wasn't it.

Bodmall's ankles and wrists were bound. Stiles inched closer. Bound by chains which looked like they were slicked with some sort of oil and runes glowed as the light shone through.

Despite all this, she was in perfect condition. As if she walked in her and just sat here and didn't move.

Her eyes stayed on Lydia and she didn't falter.

Once everyone was in the room, Stiles pulled the door down. Leaving them into total darkness.

An overhead light flickered on a second later, right over Bodmall.

"I know you have Peter's soul and it probably goes without saying you would go down fighting to keep it" Lydia whispered, "Would you trade it for something else? If anything?"

Bodmall stared, unblinking.

Scott creeped around her, either to check she wasn't using this time to her advantage or about to reveal whatever might be up her sleeve.

"You will get what's coming for you, pups, I'm not the only one out there," the druidess whispered.

"This isn't our first rodeo. What do you want with Peter's soul?" Lydia retaliated

Silence.

"Finn's life back?" Stiles questioned

Several pair of eyes looked up, confused.

"You spent almost your whole lives together. You took care of him...and to lose him to a bunch of teenagers...not exactly the greatest battle to be involved in," he stepped closer to the woman. Not breaking eye contact.

Stiles noticed a glint in her eyes but didn't say anything else..

Alison lowered her bow however still pulled, prepared for anything.
Nobody moved or made a sound.

A sigh released and Bodmall's eyes lowered, letting the tears run down, "It was my duty to care for him. I give you my word that I will release Peter's soul. You must forgive my...curiosity in his kind - it was quite unique." A smile crept on her face, "This does not mean you are free from my wrath for what you took from me."

Suddenly the chains shook, then the chair, then the floor and the door.

Bodmall slowly stood as the chains that wrapped her, melted onto the floor, turning into a silver liquid.

The door flung open and a flood of light blinded everybody.

Derek and Scott lunged forward for Bodmall but it was a second too late. She was outside leaning against the opposite door.

"You did a wonderful job on those chain considering your talents...shame."

She smirked, "Peter will return in one piece - do not expect him to be the same as before. The next time you see me, will be the last." Bodmall winked and vanished in a dark smoke.
Lydia stood frozen in place and just stared at the empty space.