Betrayal

☽ ⭂—⭈ ✯

"I knew you weren't to be trusted....! I-i didn't mean to... stab you.." She said, looking at the damage she caused. I saw the blood oozing out and fainted.

3rd person

Y/n's unconscious body fell from the tree, alerting the three that were on their way home.

"Y/n?" Ezran yelled, rushing over to them.

Rayla jumped down to come to Y/n's aid.

"Did you do this, Rayla?" Ezran's said, tears streaming down his face.

"I didn't mean to! They were going to kill you and Callum! And steal Zym!" She yelled, throwing him their supposed 'sketchbook'.

He flipped through the pages, spotting plots to end the princes, written as diary entries. There was also a small piece of paper taped to one of the pages. It seemed to have Ezran's location drawn on it.

"I can't believe it.. Who sent them to do this?" He asked, shocked.

"Probably the same person that sent Claudia and Soren. It was most likely Viren. One of the high mages." Corvus answered.

"Is that why their leg was turning purple? Was a spell casted?" Rayla asked, unsure.

"I can't be certain but it might be." He said.

Corvus grabbed some bandages out of his bag, wrapping them around Y/n's bloody leg.

"I feel like shit that I just did that.." Rayla said, breaking into sobs. "But they're a bad person so I don't know how to feel..."

"It's okay Rayla, we'll figure this out." Ezran said, wiping his own tears.

"Should we take them back to Katolis and jail them?" Corvus asked, already getting out some rope to tie this hands.

"No. I believe they'll be useful for the journey to Xadia. They know too much, I can't just leave them to go off with you guys.. I'm sorry." Rayla answered, feeling a bit bad about her decision.

"Then it's settled. Corvus, give Rayla some rope to tie Y/n. We'll see each other again, Rayla. I hope you get things straight with Y/n." Ezran's said. Corvus threw some rope to Rayla and with that, they left.

Rayla tied Y/n's hands together, carrying them on her back.

————

Y/n's pov

"Where the hell am I?!" I yelled, feeling a pain in my leg again. Ah, right. The stab.

I was in a meadow, surrounded by lots and lots of magic. Xadia.

"You're awake, luckily I forced you to eat some berries so the wound shouldn't be too bad." Rayla said, sitting on a rock.

"You- you stabbed me! Why?!" I yelled, about to reach her but my hands were tied so I fell instead. She snorted but her demeanor changed once she walked over to me.

"You tried killing Callum and Ezran! Apparently multiple times! I had to stop you! What the hell is wrong with you?!" She yelled.