Chapter 3 - Lost

Author's note: I am a heartless monster. I have no excuse. :)

Warnings: Heartbreak I guess... assuming I managed to make it sad.

~ Tirana Sorki

Ezra rolls onto his side on the cold, hard floor of the prison cell. He's used to sleeping accommodations like this – had to be with the life he lived on Lothal before he ran into the Ghost crew. That part of the situation doesn't really bother him at all. Even if it had, he would have gotten used to it by now.

How long has it been since he came here? He lost track of time forever ago. It must have been weeks by now. Why haven't they come to find him?

Maybe they're glad to finally be rid of you a snide dark voice in the back of his mind whispers.

He instantly squashes the stupid thought. He knows how much they care about him. Most of his insecurities and fears about that have disappeared over the time that he's known them. They're only resurfacing now because he's been here for so long with nothing but pain as his companion.

He can't even feel the Force right now. What if the others came for him and failed? What if they were all – No, no. He can't let himself think like that. Besides, if something happened to them, he can be certain that the Inquisitors would have used that fact to try and break him, something they haven't done yet. So that probably means they're all still alright. Probably.

Although he supposes they seem to have lost some amount of interest in interrogating him after the Seventh Sister managed to see some things in his mind. Was it enough to figure out where the Rebel Base is?

A chill runs through him. What if Kanan, Sabine, Hera, and Zeb have all been captured because of him? What if the Empire found Ahsoka Tano? What if they found the Rebel base and were able to completely destroy the Rebellion? And it would all be his fault because he was too weak to stop the Inquisitor from seeing that much in his mind.

Maybe he ought to get up and move around or something, but he doesn't want to move right now. He wants this to be over. His body is still aching and healing from the most recent round of torture several days ago. Maybe – maybe the Inquisitors will get tired of him and finally kill him or something. The endless torment would be easier to tolerate if he had hope that someone was coming for him. But if they knew where to go, they already would have come.

Which means that as much as he doesn't want to give up... he might be in here for the rest of... Whatever. All he can do is continue fighting for his friends, refusing to give up any more information whenever they do question him again. But there's a limit to how much he can handle and obviously, the Seventh Sister knows it.

Ezra draws in a deep breath, wishing for the millionth time that at least he could have the Force back. When he could feel it, at least it helped him center himself somewhat in between times when they left him alone.

It's then that he suddenly hears it. Footsteps approaching. They're back. Already.

He quickly sits up, shifting into the defiant façade he always keeps up when they're around. He's not going to let them see how close to breaking he actually is right now. Just no. They use every other weakness they can find to their advantage, and he's definitely not going to let them know this, even if they probably already suspect it.

The doors to his cell finally slide open and the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother step into the room, followed by a medical droid holding a vial of... something. He does his best not to stiffen at the sight. What are they planning to do that they literally thought it necessary to bring a medical droid with them?