Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Amaya's stomach was huge. She has been on bed rest with minimal walking to avoid going into labor. The babies had constant monitoring and hearing their heartbeats soothed Amaya's fears. Knowing that they were still here. All six of them.

"Isaiah?" She called out and she then noticed he was asleep over on the couch they provided him to sleep on. She had already woken him up however with the way she called him.

"Yeah?" He answers from the couch sleepily and she puts her head down.

"I'm sorry. I'm lonely and I didn't mean to wake you up." She apologized as Isaiah starts to get up from the couch.

"Come talk to them?" She suggested and he walks from the couch and knelt down to her stomach and talked to them for a while. They even kicked at some point. Amaya was so happy and blessed to have someone like Isaiah to experience this with. There was a knock on the hospital door and Amaya responded to it quickly getting up off the bed.

"Come in!" Isaiah says and in comes Amaya's mother.

"Mom!" Amaya says happily reaching up to hug her and she showed them the bag of hamburgers and she waited on Amaya's father to come. As they were waiting on him to arrive. Happily, she gave them each a hamburger and she and her mom were of course going to gossip like two sixteen year old girls.

"When's your due date again?" She questioned taking a bite of her burger and pulling out a bag of chips.

"You didn't bring me any chips mom?" Amaya asked completely ignoring her question. She handed her a huge bag which she ripped open and put some chips in her mouth.

"Um, today is the nineteenth of May and I'm due on the twenty-seventh. Why?" She answers rocking her feet.

"I had a funny feeling in my stomach since I woke up this morning." She rubbed the back of her neck and looked down at the floor.

"Like what?" Amaya wondered as she put more chips into her mouth watching her mother's reactions.

"I don't know. I feel like the babies are gonna come soon, like really soon." She says and Amaya laughs at her mother. She swallows and licks her lips.

"Don't worry mom, I'm fine." She reassured as she began rolling up the bag of chips.

"Let me help you pick out their coming home outfits." She insists and Amaya rubs her hands together.

"Oh, I've picked out names." She says excitedly as she smiles widely.

"What are they?" She asked happily

"Solomon, Zachariah, Enoch, Athaliah, Delilah and Lydia." She says and her mother smiles widely and looks over to her husband.

"George. They've picked names," she announced and Amaya repeats the names to her father.

"Those are nice names." He compliments and walks over placing a hand on Amaya's stomach.

"Thanks dad." Amaya placed a hand over his. A baby kicks and they both gasp and gush over the babies growing inside of her. It was unreal this was actually happening.

"So, how are you doing?" He asked and Amaya bobs her head.

"Besides me trying to keep eating as much as I can to help them and constant trips to the bathroom.. I'm okay." She says honestly and she points to the cocoa butter lotion on the dresser next to her.

Isaiah passes it to her as he squirts some into her hands as well as his own hands. He massages her stomach as she was stretching daily and the lotion felt like a relief.

"Thank you." She whispered and a doctor comes in to check on her.

"How are you today?" She asks and Amaya smiles as she rubs her stomach.

"I'm doing okay. Thank you. I'm feeling a little bit of pain in my back though." She mentions and her doctor takes note of that.

"The back pain could just be from carrying so many babies at one time. That's expected." She says as she adjusts the monitors on her stomach. She looses them and allows Isaiah to rub more lotion on her stomach. She then puts them back into place and smiles at her patient.

"Won't be long now. Soon, you'll be seeing your babies. You're doing amazing." She encouraged and Amaya gives her a warm smile thanking her as she exited the room.