Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Today is the day. A big day for Isaiah and Amaya as they were taking that step. The day she gets her baseline blood work done and weeks later she can take her first pregnancy test for the first time in two years. Then her first ultrasound to see how many babies she is having if they get that far.

Amaya still had slight doubt in the back of her mind, but she had faith. That somehow everything would be okay.

She was currently laying down on her back and her doctor rubbed an alcohol wipe on the area she was recieving the injection. She was nervous, because she was afraid of needles. That wasn't the only reason. Isaiah held her hand as the doctor began to draw blood from her. She soon puts a piece of cotton on the area and asked her patient to sit up and hold it there.

"Now you can use this injection." She showed her the needle before giving another option. "You can also use the nasal spray? Whichever you prefer." She mentions and Amaya shakes her head as she takes the first option. Feeling as if it would be more effective. She didn't know anything about it though.

"I'll take the injections it doesn't matter." Amaya nods with a shrug before turning to Isaiah who was also watching to see how it's done.

The doctor shows them what to do and how it should be done the correct way. "You're going to do this for about two weeks and then you'll come back to me." She says as she looks her patient in the face.

"Okay, I understand." Amaya nods as she understood everything she was being told. She did not want to mess this up and she hoped everything would be perfect.

Amaya gave herself the injection the way she was shown and she sighs to herself as she puts her head in her hands. Isaiah notices and sits upright in the bed. Worried, he gets up to meet her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Isaiah asked as he placed a hand on her back comforting her.

"Yeah I'm fine. What if it doesn't work?" She asked and her voice cracked. As she let her tears fall as she thinks about the many failed pregnancy tests and their baby boy in heaven.

"Don't think like that. It'll work." He says kissing her forehead and hugging her tightly for a while until she stops crying. She pulls away and wipes her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm such a mess. Go back to your drawing." Amaya smiles a small smile before laying back down on her side and he placed another kiss on her forehead before moving away from her entirely. She laid there in fetal position in emotional pain. She didn't want to stop Isaiah from his drawing which was supposed to be in yesterday.

The following day, Amaya woke up feeling a little better than last night. She shut her eyes tightly after she opened them. She turned over and said a prayer to God that somehow this would work. She then reopens her eyes and sees a note on the small dresser and reaches over to pick it up.

Had to leave for work and didn't wanna wake you. See you at eight.

She went downstairs and decided to make breakfast. She was feeling hungry today. So, she made herself a small breakfast. She finished fairly quickly seeing that she only made scrambled eggs and two pieces of toast. She sat at the island eating her breakfast. Staring at the cars that would pass by occasionally. She remembered that Jasmine was coming over later and bringing her daughter, Juliana and her son, Cameron over.

Juliana and Cam was the reason Amaya became so obsessed with being a mother. She knew she would be a good mother when she knew what to do when Juliana wouldn't stop crying at just a few weeks old. That's when years later she had Rhys. Rhys was only a month younger than Cameron and they grew up like brothers. She is snapped out of her thoughts by hearing the doorbell. She stands up and moves to the door looking through the peep hole and seeing it was Jasmine.

She pulls the door opens and in runs Juliana and Cameron who hugs her legs. "Aunty Maya!" They sing as Amaya picks them both up and hugs them tightly.

"I missed you guys." Amaya admits and they hug her tighter.

"We missed you too." Cameron said as she smiles at him. She put them both down and they grab on to her hands.

"Tell me all about your trip to The Bahamas. What was it like?" She asked holding their hands as they head for the kitchen.

"They had a blast. Let them tell you all about it." Jasmine laughed and watched them three as they head for the kitchen. She shut the door behind her locking it.

Isaiah arrived at home later on that day at eight thirty, "Hey, babe." He says sitting beside his wife as she gave herself her injection for the night.

"Where have you been? I'm starving." Amaya said looking at him and taking the bag of Chinese food from his hands.

"To work and the Chinese place was so crowded. I didn't know what to do. Since you wanted it so bad." He says chuckling and taking his own food out of the plastic bag.

"Yeah yeah." She replies walking to the kitchen and grabbing a glass of water as she heads back to Isaiah on the couch.

"Yeah you really wanted Chinese food you said so." He chuckles and Amaya laughs. "You're gonna have to work harder in the gym if you keep eating like that." He jokes and Amaya playfully pushes him.

"Are you making fun of my weight?" She asks him as she chews the fried rice she forked into her mouth.

"No. What'd you eat for breakfast?" He asks curiously as he then puts food into his own mouth.

"I had a small breakfast. Eggs and toast." She smiles and he laughs again at her face.

"Your specialty." He laughs again and she seems proud.

"You think so? I just eat it every other day. Not all the time." She says putting emphasis on her last sentence.

"I know so. I've known you since we were young. I know everything about you." He chuckles and she laughs again.