Chapter 2: Wholesomeness

VIPs:

Wattreader7389
GachaEvery
Tyra_is_day_dreaming
RoseTheMagicalFlower
rosechuck_chuck
pvz_and_waffles
Sparkytheglowworm

As the chapter name explains, this is just wholesomeness, and a bit of a teaser of what's to come. I also want to explain a bit about Steven's sudden change of character and personality. In the first two stories, he was just someone who was just deeply unaffected by anything that happened to him, only for everything to change at the end of the second story. 

He did relive one of his most worst decisions he tried to make, with the possibility of Phoebe dying, too. As well as it was recent of him just recovering from Moonlight, who didn't hurt him as bad as Charlotte. If you're wondering if Steven will be a main character, I don't know yet.

I think he should, but at the same time, he shouldn't. It IS called Steven Universe, and the show/series revolves around him and his story, but then again, there's AUs that don't follow him and his story, so yeah, I guess that's a pass. Why I think he shouldn't is because I try to improve of other characters having their time to shine, as well as Steven has been through enough.

One of my problems in writing the AU series wad that Steven pretty much handles everything, and other characters hardly had involvement, with them occasionally being important for development or certain obstacles. Rose was my prime example of this. She could have ended the Charlotte Arc very quickly, but I thought that would be lazy, and making Rose too OP.

Fun Fact: Rose was nerfed dozens of times in the games she's been in, that says a lot about her, doesn't it?

3rd Person P.O.V.

Beach House:

Blue and White Diamond waited patiently outside after they knocked on the door. The door opened, and it's Phoebe.

"Good, thank you both for not warping in the house." Phoebe greets.

"We're here to see Steven. It's been almost a year since we last saw him." White explains.

"Before I let you two in, I have to explain the 'ground rules' of what to do when you're around Steven. This are to ensure he doesn't break down in one of two ways. He'll either have a panic attack, or respond violently." Phoebe took a moment to breathe before continuing. "No roughhousing, no arguing, do not mention Charlotte, no talking about death, don't use your powers on him, whether for good intentions or not. Don't mention what happened last year, or anything he did before. No yelling. No weapons. And no talking about threats on Homeworld or Earth. Steven doesn't need to know anything about another gem having a grudge against you or someone else, it would stress him out."

"Don't worry, after last year's 'festivity', we've upgraded security to it's max, thanks to Bismuth providing us with the best weapons and armor she could construct for us." Blue assured.

"No one could invade our planet without us knowing, and our security provides a 85% chance of safety in case of an invasion of enemy presence, if that ever happens. Steven has nothing to worry about." White Diamond added on.

"Thanks you two. I need to go to the store and get a few things. Please take care of him while I'm gone." Phoebe lets them in the house.

Steven is on the couch with his legs crossed and his hands linked together.