Chapter Ten

It's been about a week, maybe two, to be honest we lost count of the days that went by. It was so boring here. So boring that we started to 'bored eat'. We were running out of food fairly quickly and everyone was panicking but just not saying anything. I left the bunker one night and looked around my dad's basement for anything.

I knew my dad used to be a very outdoorsy person so I thought he'd have maybe a survival guide or kit somewhere that could tell us what to do.

All I found were two backpacks, two duffle bags, some flashlights, some flares, and another first aid kit.

So much for my survival guidance.

I looked at what I had and began to plan, I knew we would have to venture outside sooner or later to either get food or escape, maybe it was just coming a bit too soon for my liking. I went upstairs and packed one of the backpacks with a bottle of water, some crackers, some ziplock bags, and made a list of what to find.

There was a convenience store a block back and I saw they had it chained up, so either there would be zombies inside, or survivors. Hopefully, no one at all.

I did the buckles of the bag on my back and grabbed my bat. I knew zombies didn't attack me but incase I ran into crazies or other survivors turned cannibals, I needed to make sure I returned safe and sound.

I got to the door when I heard the patter of feet behind me.

"Where are you going?" Dae-su asked and I turned around.

"You're not running away, are you?" On-jo asked and I shook my head.

"We're running out of food and there is a convenience store a block back, I'll be there and back in a matter of hours, I'll bring more non-perishables and water." I explained.

"I'll go with you." Su-hyeok said, I saw On-jo look at him, almost saddened. I shook my head.

"I go alone, I'll move faster and zombies don't chase after me." I reasoned with him, that's when Nam-ra stepped up.

"I'll go with her Su-hyeok."

"Nam-ra-"

"They don't chase me either and two bags of food each will last us a lot longer than one." She was now the one to reason with me and I just sighed, knowing she had a point and that she would be stubborn on letting me leave alone.

"I just put a bottle of water in my bag and some crackers, grab the bags if you want but we should leave now and return at sunrise so we don't draw attention back here where the zombies can smell non-zombie flesh." I sighed and she smiled and went to the kitchen.

Su-hyeok walked up to me and took my hand off the doorknob, he looked at me as I looked at our hands together.

"Be safe, I know the zombies don't chase you but who knows what else is out there." He said and I nodded.

"I have Nam-ra, we'll keep each other safe." I said and he just sighed. I squeezed my hand and I held his tightly as Nam-ra came to the door.

"Remember us three will always survive together, promise me you two will come back." He said and I smiled at him, both of us promising to come back to him. We left the house quietly and began our walk past zombies and burnt cars to a chained up convenience store I was aiming for. I broke the lock with my bat and the zombies smelt around us but never touched us, being drawn by the sound and all.

We went in and closed the door behind us so no zombies came in. I perked my head up at the patter of footsteps and looked around, my bat ready to swing.

"Y/N, I heard that too, so let's just get food for our friends and get out." Nam-ra said and we split up. Putting as much canned food and water bottles as we could in our backpacks and the lighter stuff in our duffle bags, we had raided about half this store and the rest was all stuff we couldn't take.

It was getting brighter outside and we knew we should leave before it got too bright.

The digital clock on the wall read 4:30am.

We walked outside, and I kid you not that I almost got hit by a car. A car whirled by then slammed on its break. An ear-piercing screech sounding all the zombies to stare and start running forward.

"Hey pretty ladies-"

"Kihyun that's not how you talk to girls."

"Oh shut the fuck Seokjin."

"HEY! LANGUAGE!"

"OH SHUT THE FUCK UP TAEHYUN!"

"SEOKJIN!"

"KI-"

"HEY!" I yelled and they all stared at me and stopped fights. "Are you guys just gonna ignore the zombies coming towards us?"

"Oh yeah, come on we'll give you a ride to wherever." One said and I didn't even get Nam-ra's opinion because I slugged over and threw my head bags on before hopping in the back of the pick up truck. Nam-ra followed silently and got on and as the zombies got to us they just smelled around me and Nam-ra at the end before going to try and eat the guys.

"What the-"

"We were bit." Nam-ra cut them off and I looked at her in shock.

"And you aren't zombies?"

"Nope." I replied and they were so chill with it I wondered and honestly worried for their mental stability. They started the car and ran over the zombies blocking our path and drove until we lost them on a route we told them to get them far away from our house. They then drove back to our house and on the way we learned their names.

There was Kihyun, Seokjin, and Taehyun obviously; but then the one driving with Peniel.

We actually shared some laughs and when we got home they carried our duffle bags to the door.

"Well thanks you guys, be safe." Nam-ra said and I waved to them but Kihyun grabbed my hand.

"Will we ever see you again?" He asked and I just took my wrist away and shrugged.

"Maybe under different circumstances Kihyun." I sighed.

"Well we live with a bunch of other survivors on Clover Lane, house 208. If you're ever in trouble you should come to us and we'll keep you safe again." Taehyun said and we nodded.

"Thanks you guys." Nam-ra said and we got inside and closed the door before setting our stuff down and looking out the window and watched as they drove off.

"So, who's Kihyun?"