1.

Nick walked on the sidewalk, passing several buildings. People could be seen inside, but not many to Nick's delight. It was understandable since it was around midnight. Cars passed by him, continuously messing up his black hair from their oncoming wind. A black duffle bag was hanging on his shoulder, making sounds similar to soda cans colliding with each other. A strong breeze hit him, making him shiver from the cold despite wearing a thick sweater. A tall blond followed close behind, holding a pack of coca-colas in his hands.

Nick kept looking ahead, searching for a specific place. Up ahead he saw a dark alleyway. When he reached it, he took a right into the alleyway, slipping into the darkness provided by the tall buildings. The alleyway was wide enough to be able to fit five large men shoulder to shoulder. A ladder shown in the darkness, strapped to a brick building. Nick looked toward the blond behind him, then back to the ladder. "You think you can carry those while climbing?"

"I'll be fine, Sap. Just go before we get caught." Nick  nodded. He started to climb the ladder, the weight of the duffle bag not carrying him down.

When he reached the top of the building, he extended a hand to the blond who was still on the ladder. He was struggling with the sodas. "Take it before I fall you dumbass!" the blond stressed. Nick grabbed onto the handles of the soda pack, pulling it up easily. He dropped it down next to him.

"You're so weak, Dream," Nick joked, extending a hand to the blond. The man grabbed on, and Nick hoisted him up.

"How about you try carrying that while climbing a ladder, huh?" Dream snapped. Nick giggled, passing the sodas back to Dream. He looked around, trying to find out where it was. He saw it in the distance. He started to walk to it, chatting to Dream in the meantime. They reached the end of the roof that they were standing on. There was another roof up ahead, but the two would have to jump to get to it.

Nick tossed his bag to the other roof. It made it over, the sound loud as the bag and its contents hit the roof. He silently prayed that the contents inside the bag weren't damaged. As he was about to jump, he felt a hand on his shoulder, pulling him back. "Wait Pandas. How are we going to get this across?" Dream drew Nick's attention to the sodas in Dream's hands.

"Shit, uh.." Nick drew a blank in his mind. He looked at Dream, hoping for any ideas from him. Dream shrugged back, putting the sodas on the ground. Nick looked at the pack for a couple seconds, then came up with an idea. "Why don't we just toss the single sodas one by one?" Nick suggested.

Dream looked at him, a confused look on his face. "Really? The cans are going to get fucked up."

Nick crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow at him. "Well, I don't see that you have any better ideas." Dream opened his mouth, then closed it. He sighed, not denying Nick. He bent down, beginning to take each individual soda from the pack and throwing it across to the other roof. Nick helped out.

After the final soda was on the other side, Nick prepared himself to jump. He leaped forward. His feet balanced on the edge of the other roof. He barely made it across. Nick breathed a sigh of relief. He carefully took a step forward, not wanting to mess up his balance and fall backwards, only to splat onto the hard floor below.

Nick turned around, stepping back to give Dream space to land. Dream took a running start instead, easily making it across. Dream jumped far enough that he wasn't close to the roof's edge when he landed. Dream gave Nick a smug look, hinting the comparison of Dream's landing to Nick's.

"You know that if I got a running start I would've made it easily," Nick countered.

Dream gave him a smirk, brushing off Nick's remark. "Yeah yeah." Dream looked at the soda cans scattered around, picking one up. "Can we put the sodas in your bag?" Nick nodded. He unzipped the bag, stuffing all of the soda cans inside with the rest of the items.