38

PARKER HAS BEEN gone for exactly six days and I'm beginning to lose my mind. It's around 11pm and both Margot and Jackson are asleep, but I'm wide awake. I can't fall asleep. I haven't been able to all week and it sucks. I miss him so much that my body aches.

Pulling back the covers, I get up, leaving my room as quietly as possible. I know it's an invasion of privacy, but I'm too desperate to care at this point. I push Parker's bedroom door open, stepping inside and pushing it shut again. I take the deepest of breathes as I walk over to his bed, his aftershave still present in here despite the cleaner having been around this week.

His dark blue bedsheets are cold as I slip between them, but I don't care. I need to feel close to him, and I guess this is the closest I can get. I pull the blanket up over my shoulder and let myself sink in to his scent, closing my eyes. My body is weighed down with sleep as a stroke of fatigue hits me.

I'm not sure how long I'm out for, but a slight movement wakes my subconscious, making me stir. As I roll over, it's almost as if his lingering smell becomes stronger. I take a deep breath in, smiling.

"Hey beautiful." I feel my hair brushed off my forehead.

What the...

I open my eyes to see Parker's gorgeous face, lit by the moonlight. There's a soft smile on his lips that makes my heart pound.

"You're back." I can't help but grin, despite the heaviness of my eyes.

Reaching up, I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him down in to an embrace. He chuckles softly, holding me tight.

"I missed you so much." I whisper in to his neck.

"I missed you too." he plants a soft kiss on my temple before pulling back. I pretend I'm not disappointed.

I suddenly remember that I'm the one sleeping in his bed right now, making me sit up.

"Oh, I'm sorry do you want me to go bac-"

Parker shakes his head abruptly, so I stop talking.

"I'm gonna shower. Go back to sleep." he says as he stands up.

He doesn't need crutches as much anymore, but the brace still gives him a limp. It's so cute. I watch as he pulls his shirt over his head before disappearing into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

I try to go back to sleep, like really hard, but I can't. Knowing he's here has rid me of all the exhaustion I felt an hour ago. He's here. I can't stop smiling.

About 10 minutes later, the door clicks open again. I'm propped up just enough that I can see him, towel draped loosely around his waist as he dries his hair with another smaller towel. Every muscle in his torso flexes with his movement, and my stomach flutters.

I can't take my eyes off him as he moves to his drawer, taking out a pair of black boxer briefs and pulling them on beneath his towel just before he drops it. He disappears into the bathroom again, both towels left behind when he finally pulls the door shut.

Pulling my eyes away, I roll over, even though I'm more than certain he knew I was watching him. Nice one, Elena. Definitely not creepy.

He pulls the cover back, the breeze reminding me that I'm not wearing shorts. As he slips beneath the cover with me, my heart begins to race. He slides down so we're in eye line.

"Hey." Parker says quietly, the mint on his breath tickling my nose.

"Hi." I breathe.

We stare at each other in comfortable silence. I pull my hand from beneath the cover, reaching forward to touch his face. I just want to be close to him. He takes my wrist in his hand, melting in to my touch. My heart skips a beat as he shifts, bringing his body closer to mine. So close I can feel the heat radiating.